Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: manual bpm assignment

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

how do i manually edit the bpm of the songs?

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 10:03 pm
click on the bpm button (next to the sync button on the standard skin). There you'll find options for changing BPM, changing the grid, etc....

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 11:54 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I prefer the anchors method; more precise and fast.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 8:20 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I agree with Clax 100%, but i'm not sure if users know how to use this feature.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 12:27 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Rick;
Can't speak for others, bu I think yuou are right. I do not know about the anchors method.
Where can we get some info on this please?

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 1:26 pm

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 1:50 pm
I read the post. There are three medots, whitch one is the anchors metod?

Posted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 12:35 pm
The anchors method : click on the bpm button of the song you're using. Position the waveform (the display which shows the structure of the song on the first beat of the song. Now click on the Set Beat button under "First Anchor" on the menu that opened when u clicked the bpm button in the first step. Then position your waveform on another beat and click on Set Beat under "Second Anchor" on that same menu. Your grid will be automatically set according to the anchors you've selected (the beats). Now you'll see the amount of beats under "Anchor Distance".

Tip ; for accuracy of the grid, I recommend at least 4 beats (a bar) between your first and second anchor, and if you want to you can even skip to the end of the song and select your second anchor there, just make sure your total amount of beats in "Anchor Distance" can be divided by four, that way your grid is correct.

Final tip : If you mess up and want VDJ to restore its default grid and bpm, just right click on the song and analyse it, that way it will revert to its default....

Sorry if this is not so clearly explained, I'm doing this out of my head....

Posted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 1:49 pm
A slight variation to Alien's:

It is imperative that the bpm be correct.
My advice is to check all bpms with a 16 beat loop for proper alignment.
If it is correct but off with the cbg anchors alignment, open BPM and set your 1st anchor (set beat) with your cue point (1st down or kick drum beat).
Start the track and count out 16 beats and pause it, align the waveform perfectly by hand and click the second "set beat". Make sure the beat count shown below shows 16 and this will do two things, it will correct your bpm PERFECTLY and will align your anchors properly.

BTW, If you set up the keyboard shortcut for cbg adjustment like DJ Norway has in his blog, it cuts the track set up time down considerably when the bpms are right to start with.

Hopes this clears it up for users, it is a really cool feature that will speed the mixing process along for you.

R

Posted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 2:07 pm
i find the anchor method works great. thanks for the help.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 5:19 pm
What about Drum and bass? Any tips there?

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 2:07 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Alien & Rick:
Thanks for info. It works very well.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 4:23 pm
No problem, just here to share the knowledge... :)

Special tnx @ mp3jrick : He not only corrected me, I found out his method is better than what I described... lol

Everyday I learn something new here on the forums....

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 5:32 pm
Gawd I love this program and it's forum. :)

I can't begin to thank the people that have helped me become savy with this shit over the years, still got a way to go by what I read here. I am awed by the young staff and how deep they understand it all, if I could only get "Matrixed", plug me in baby i'm ready.....

"What about Drum and bass? Any tips there?"
As long as you have the bpm right and can find the first downbeat you can mix anything including D+B.
Sometimes it takes a few tries to find it among the intro beats, but its there somewhere.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 5:52 pm
Thanks for the info.

The problem is not to find the downbeat etc.

The probles is the bpm s are way offf. I use Auto bpm but there has to be something more easy and more precise.
So i need some help with Drum an bass BPM.

Thanks

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 7:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)