Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Mix lab V3.1 problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sc0ttdjHome userMember since 2009
I posted this in the main forum, but was told it was a skin issue, not a technical one (even though it was working fine)

I have the trial version of virtual dj,The last time i tried this software it just kept on crashing out, i used club dj pro for a while but i'm not too happy with it. so i thought id give it another try.

On the previous versions the mix lab skin has a button that ejects the song and places it in the side list, this was working up to a few days ago then suddenly stopped? its not selectable, is there a reason this would suddenly stop working?
its a great little feature on the skin, so its being missed at the mo.

i put a ticket in and the reply i got was it had nothing to do with virtual dj, even though its shipped with the program, thats great customer service.

Thanks

Scott

equipment:
Sony Vaio
4 gig ram
duel core
320 gig HD
[Post a new Message]

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 7:48 am
Hey Scott,

What isn't working anymore?

Is it the unload button itself or is it when you unload it isn't going into your sidelist?

If it's the latter then go in into the configuration menu and select options. Then ensure that "AutoSave Unplayed" is ticked. If this doesn't work and it's the unload itself that isn't working then let me know and I'll look into for you.

Dan

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 9:59 am
Hi dan, thanks for the reply

its the actual button thats not working,its just not selectable. ive installed the same version on my other laptop and its fine (windows xp)
this one was working fine on windows 7 then just turned itself off. ive checked all the settings compared to xp and everythings the same.

got me stumped this one

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 10:26 am
Got me stumped to. It makes no sense if is works in XP and not in Win7.

Just tested it on my Win7 machine and it seems to be working fine.

I would try reinstalling VDJ and this will inturn re-install the skin and hopefully resolve the issue. More than that i am not sure what else to suggest.

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 10:36 am
I've re-installed it 3 times now, same story everytime i do, just can't get that button to work. funny thing is it went off after working fine, is there a keyboard shortcut i could have pressed to turn it off? or maybe a windows update.

I was really liking the programme too, it never crashed on me once this time, except when i plugged my lights in and it stopped, but i know what that is.

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 11:13 am
Have you tried a different skin? I wouldn't let the fact that 1button has stopped workin deter you from this program. There are many, many, many skins to choose from.

Huey

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 11:26 am
when you get used to something, its difficult to prise yourself away,
i still need to solve the problem of this button not working, things don't just stop for no reason, so i want to know why it has stopped.
i was getting on great with it, did everything i wanted, now this is a mystery

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 11:31 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Maybe you should use VirtualDJ 6.1.2 on all computers and not an old version of the trial.

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 12:08 pm
I am using the new version - obtained using the button at the top.

works fine on xp, gone on windows 7

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 1:05 pm
Anyone have any ideas on this?

Posted Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 4:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)