Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV speeds incorrect

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Last time on a gig i have borrowed some 2 pieces Technics mk1200-sl in order to use VDJ in timecoded vinyl mode. In the timecode-configuration, i used auto config to adjust the signals.

i got a stable 100% signal on both decks. the movements of both decks are accurate to the mp3-play, but.... on 33rpm the music is way too slow, when i switch to 45 rpm the music is too fast.

i tried several settings/combinations, like differend sides of the timecoded pieces, 33/45 rpm of the turntables, 33/45 rpm settings in virtualdj, timestreching on/off and i tried to alter the pitch-range, but all of that couldn't get me the right speed!

i also tried to play an analog piece of vinyl, no problem at all.. so it must be somewhere in the settings i guess. I had to do the set using my XP10, next time i borrow some sl-1200s i want to use TCV

anyone had this problem?

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 12:41 pm
I know this is probably a shot at the obvious and something you probably checked but here goes anyways.

Did you check the pitch faders in VDJ and on the TTs?

The only problem I have with TCVs is drifting although that's very minor. the songs play normal for myself

Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 2:27 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
did you have the sample rate of your soundcard set at 44.1 khz or 48 khz? & what sound card are you using

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 2:42 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
He uses AudioTrak Maya 44 usb
It was written in his blog ;-)

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 8:16 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
DJCannonball,

I have this problem http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=13066

The speed in the TT is at 0 % pitch and in the VDJ displays -8%. It seems with the 3.01 works fine but now VDJ doesn't display the variation of the pitch in the TT. With my TCVs i do mixes " like old school".

Did you try with "Invert stereo" "Invert phase" Checked and unchecked?

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 1:36 am
DJZero, very good suggestion/good thinking ;)

but it didn't solve my problem. I also had some noise irritating noise, even when all faders on the mixtable down to zero. When i pulled the 4 cinchconnectors of my soundcard off from the mixtable, the noise was gone! so.. the noise MUST be comming from my soundcard. I exchanged my Maya 44USB for a Echo Indigo DJ (PCMCIA). the veryfirst moment i connected the 4 cinch-connectors to the mixpanel, there that irritating noise again!

so.. changing soundcards didn't help, but the noise was definatly comming from my laptop.
In the end, the solution was simple: i redirected the powersuply of my laptop to another power-group.

The noise was gone, the TCV-speed were suddenly correct. This solved every problem i had.

thanx for everyone who tried to solve this too ;)

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 3:58 pm
above message was from me, but IE logged me out (time-out i guess)

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 3:59 pm
DJ Cannonball as well as any other DJs out there thinking about PCMCIA sound cards

Many PCMCIA soundcards do not get enough power from the laptop so you might encounter certain issues like background noise, no sound, low volume, etc.

This is just a heads up for everyone here ;)

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 2:05 am
nevesisPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i just picked up the sound blaster audigy 2 zs PCMCIA sound card, and it definatley gets enough power, no background noise whatso ever, just played out in a club last weekend to verifiy... this is on a dell inspiron notebook

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 12:15 am
It's not all the sound cards fault .It's the power supply ground. Get a three prong to two prong adapter to eliminate the ground loop problem.

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 4:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)