Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText install problem Windows 7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
Upgraded system to Windows 7 64bit. Installed SBDJ ScrollText, but cannot access it in Video Effects because DirectX9 missing, which is true due to windows 7 having DirectX 11. Can someone explain the workaround to successfully activate it, hopefully without removing DirectX 11. My apologies if this has been brought up before but I can't find anything relevent in the forums. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Posted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 4:16 pm
OK - just seen the sticky 'Plugin not working' post. Sorry! But are there any problems with having directx 9c instead of directx 11?

Posted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 4:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It won't be instead of DX11, it will install some files that are missing from W7's DX install for DX9 backwards compatibility.

Posted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 4:51 pm
Did some more google research and found this works:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d

run it from web and it asks where you want to store the files. Store them anywhere you want and in the extracted files is DXSETUP, run this and this updates DirectX 11 by installing all missing files from previous versions of DirectX, and DirectX 11 is not removed. Hence DirectX 11 becomes backward compatible with DirectX 9c which is required for our plug-ins. SBDJ ScrollText is now available on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OS. Haven't tried it in anger yet, but at least it is there ready to be tested. Also, don't know if this affects anything else on my system.

Hope this helps anyone else unsure of what to do.

Posted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 5:01 pm
Not only should the scrolltext work but many other plugins which require the DirectX updates.You should be "Good to Go!"...

Posted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 8:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)