Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mouse or touchpad

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Who uses what?
I am looking to start using a touchpad, but how easy are they too use with VDJ? Does anyone have any issues regarding either method? Is it easy to accidentally double click something you didn't want to using the touch pad? Questions questions :)
Craig

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 5:51 pm
touchpad is fine, but when it's cold or you have wet fingers and you are playing outside it's problem.
But most of the time it works for me. Even if I have a mouse connected.

If you use just standard windows drivers without all the bonus stuff for most (synaptics) touchpads it was not possible to disable the "tap to click" function but with the synaptics tools loaded you can disable the tapping so you won't accidentally CLICK.
(once it happened to me when the crowd was up, fortunately i figuret out quickly and stopped the preview.)

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 5:55 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 6:00 pm
oh i forgot, the best thing I had (I did not like it first) was my previous
IBM Thinkbad X31 mini-joystick, when i found there are different caps not "bubbles" but
with the hole in the middle to fit my finger in it. I was very confortable and
was able to play one SKI party in the outside it was very very cold.

And I finished half-life 2 game only with it and keyboard.

Now I don't have a stick :-( when there's correct rubber cap on it and you set it up correctly it is better that touchpad but needs a little training.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 6:15 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I've disabled the double click action on my pad. Since it has 3 buttons i use the top one as double click.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 6:27 pm
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the replies! :)
That's what I wanted to hear. I am now determined to get one.
Thanks again!! :)

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 6:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)