Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SONG INFORMATION

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I HAVE AN EXTERNAL HARDRIVE WITH 64 G. OF MUSIC THAT ALL OF THE SONGS HAVE TITLES AND ARTIST NAME. WHEN I ACCESS THEM THROUGH THE DJ PROGRAM SOME OF THE SONGS DO NOT SHOW ARTIST NAMES. WHAT CAN I DO?

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 3:36 am
maybe a id3 tag related issue.
if you activated id3 reading in vdj and the mp3 have an id3 tag with something else in the correct field you will not have the correct name in your list.
in other hand if you encoded all your mp3 id3 tag with the correct artist name you'll have to activate the ID3 tag option in VDJ to have these names show.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 12:14 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You can rename the author and titel of the song by using "rename" in the browser menu. To avoid that, you can write you filename like that: author - title.mp3

Please don't use caps lock which means you are angry

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 12:18 pm
zorgrage- i am really new to this program. i don't follow about id3 tags. how do you tell if the mp3 + wma files (which i have) are properly formatted???

Posted Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 2:52 am
GOOD: Artist Name - Song name.mp3
GOOD: (Artist name) Song name.mp3
WRONG: Artist-name - Song name.mp3 like O-zone - Dragostea din tei (fixed in new version maybe)

Anyway you can download a parser plugin that works other way or create your own (or someone will help you) to recognize whatever format you want

Posted Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 10:54 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
With 3.0 there's no problem for the character "-"

Posted Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 8:29 pm
ID3tags could be completed. You can use the windows explorer for that but you can also use an adpated program; which is easier.

The best is to encode the ID3 and to rename the files like you want.

Here is the way I rename:

Artist - Title (Version) {year}.mp3
or
Artist - Title [movie_name] {year}.mp3

This way it's very simple to get any song you want.

For example:
"198" -> all the 80's
"Rocky" -> All tracks from Rocky movie.
"Live" -> All live tracks.

But the best is to do like you want in order to get your tracks in an easy way with the database search.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 8:33 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
64gig though...that's alot of renaming!!!

I only have 15gig of music...and in the background i always keep a search panel open. Then i can *ALT+TAB* between the two and do a quick search for my next tracks...

very simple to do...and it works a treat...:o)

just a hint...

P

Posted Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 11:13 pm
Big work but for a ... very long time once you choose the way you want.

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 7:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)