Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TIME CODED CD QUESTION

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 5:10 pm
Myself and Other people have reported problems with some of the Denon CD players and using Time coded CD's

TCD --> Denon CD deck --> sound card --> VirtualDJ

I just found out WHY it does NOT work with VirtualDJ correctly. It was found that with the Denons tested, the audio output was not correct in certain situations. For example, when you hit pause, it does not stop immediately, it ramps down to a stop. This means that when the audio stops, you are slightly later in the track than when you hit the pause button. However, when you hit play again, it resumes from the point where you actually hit the pause button (And not where it actually stopped).

"Serato Scratch LIVE" has compensated for this by interpreting the audio coming into the hardware interface. which 'fixes' the double-start that some people were complaining about.

Can Atomix Productions do this too?
Will Atomix Productions do this too ???
Please!!

As for the Pioneers CD turntables, there is no need to do anything to compensate for any problems in its output. I hate Pioneer CD decks!!

Thanks to the people on the SSL message board for figuring this out. I may have to DUMP virtualDJ and move to Serato Scratch Live if Atomix or Denon can not compensate for the Denon's shortcomings.

I feel, a real CD deck is the BEST controller of them all. The DJ can play CD's, and with time coded CD's can control DJ software and they are 100x more durable than any DJ controller on the market.

Please Note: I have also brought this to the attention of Denon tech support, I hope they won't leave us hanging:
http://www.denondjforums.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=108903#108903

I sure hope things can be worked out
WirelessDJ

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 10:49 pm
forwarded to dev team

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 3:35 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I also have simillar problems with Pioneers, i have reported them, and yes ...i don't like Pioneers either, but these are in my dj booth for now...

PS. Mixvibes Dvs has better behaviour, it has a little "pitch bend" effect on start but not this "double start" you mention. It starts from the right possition.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 4:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)