Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Divx Files... and Virtual DJ logo... - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have 5000 karaoke tracks created by another company (MTU) they use a proprietary encoding that creates a file using a WMA form of compression. The resulting file ends in KMA. Although their software works well, I've had issues with the company and am no longer a beta tester for them. I have been informed that Q3 of this year, they will introduce an update for their software that will allow the reversion from KMA back to CDG format. Although I have all these disks, I don't want to spend the countless hours re-encoding them to mp3+g.

They are not encrypted, no.

WMV files play in Virtual DJ, however they SYNCH is off. I ran my show last night with my Radeon 9800XT in my Shuttle and I had very few problems accept I couldn't get some of my DIVX files and other videos to play through VDJ.

I just did some test and my MPEG2s and Divx won't play. I've had to close and reopen the window AND mess with some of the settings in the Divx Codec Decoder Configuration Utility. If I disable POST processing, some of the files work some of them don't. It's a bit strange. I'm still testing.

I installed the MPEG2 decoder via the above recommendation, and the some of my MPEG2s worked. I have many files and I encoded most of them. Some were editted in Nero Vision, other were edited using Virtual Dub, and others were in Dr. Divx. I'm trying to see if I can narrow it down to the ENCODER I used that caused the problems.

I used a back up program last night, CORE MEDIA PLAYER, and it played my files fine.

The other issue I'm having is running my karaoke program at the same time as Virtual DJ. I need virtual DJ to relinquish the FOREGROUND to whatever program is active in the task list. I play flash files (didn't test, but guessing VDJ doesn't play them) via Internet Explorer full screen second monitor. My karaoke software doesn't display on the full screen UNLESS a song is playing. Once it is done, it closes on the secondary monitor.

I do have about 8000 MP3+Gs and they seem to work fine on VDJ.

EDIT: Oh yes, and if I load my karaoke program FIRST, I have no issues, it's when I do it AFTER Virtual DJ, it crashes (the karaoke program)

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 6:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)