Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Divx Files... and Virtual DJ logo... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Okay, I've read a bit here about the ISSUE of Divx files. I SCRAPPED my laptop because when I would use programs like CORE media player (not a bad stand alone player) if I played a DIVX file that I encoded, it would JUMP to 100% on the processor. ALSO for all you LAPTOP users that are having problems, keep in mind that a LAPTOPS HDD operates at 5200 RPM vs. a PC or FIREWIRE HDD at 7200 RPM: This has a SIGNIFICANT effect on VIDEO and AUDIO!!!!

I'm aware that Divx takes a lot more processing power than MPEG2 (or 1 for that matter). Since I downloaded the program, I've tried to run a few Divx files on version 3.0 and I get NO VIDEO on my secondary monitor OR in the window. I get the LOGO and NO video.

Is there a way to get rid of the LOGO, no offense, but it IS NOT very professional to have the LOGO of the VJ/DJ software displayed on the HOUSE system when playing. Anyone who wants to know will ask the DJ/VJ directly, everyone else will JUST consider it ANNOYING to see that on the screen... I will check the FORUM for that cure, if there isn't one, take my advice.

Do I have to download DIVX and install it? I installed a MULTI codec program... but still NO VIDEO... just sound.

With regards to SOUND, would I be remiss to say that I believe that when you copy LARGE and MULTIPLE files from ONE HDD to another (in the GB range) that SOME errors occur and these errors affect sound quality? I have some videos that NOW sound bad and I chalk it up to a BAD write of one bit or another... I know there are programs out there that claim they will fix it, but I don't know if I should or not... what about the audio in my video files?

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 9:36 am
First, most Laptop (2.5") HDDs still operate at 4200 rpm.. TO get rid of the logo get the latest update and disable the logo in video prefs..

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 12:53 pm
When I click on the "update" I am told there isn't one available and that I have the current version... am I missing something?

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 3:49 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 4:07 pm
Thank you! I wonder why I couldn't get that when I clicked the update section?

Well, I have installed it and now the LOGO is gone... but I'm having SIGNIFICANT difficulty playing Divx files on my MAIN home system PLUS my Mobile Show System.

Here are the specs:

Show System
Windows XP Pro SP2 fully updated
Shuttle PC 41G2 version 3
Nividia Chipset (w/south bridge drivers, current Nforce update)
Onboard GEFORCE MX video with TV out enabled via Svideo to RCA adapter (current drivers from Nvidia)
Onboard Sound card with ASIO drivers for Virtual DJ assigned Surround Left and Right
Barton 2800+
1 GB DDR3200 RAM (at 333 Mhz dual channel)
Video/Audio on 160 SATA drive
O/S on 120 GB ATA drive
1536 Virtual Memory on SATA drive
Divx installed (current from www.divx.com)

Home System
Windows XP Pro SP2 fully updated
Asus A7n8x (original)
Barton 3000+ 400 FSB
512 PNY Ram (single channel mode)
120 ATA drive
Virtual Memory system controlled

When I go to load the Divx file, I get lots of sputters, but I get NO video. Audio comes out, I occassionally get a LOOP and HANG of the system. I'm going to do some looking around on the site and check some of the "suggestions" with regards to some other things, but this seems very odd to me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hope I have the current version. I'm not going to be upset if I can't use my files, but I would like to know (for the future) what format I should use... I'm about to convert about 70 laser karaoke discs to some format, and I'd like it to work with my system and not have to use various other programs.

Thanks again for the LOGO fix.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 4:43 pm
In all honesty I doubt the onboard GFX chipset is fast enough to handle video in VirtualDJ.

Get yourself a copy of Aquamark3 and run it, if the endscore is on or above 25000 you should have just enough horsepower to do MPG1 video smoothly,

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 5:37 pm
Thanks...

Here's my report. I followed the instructions for WIN XP outlined here in the forum. Did everything DOWN to the T.

Also, a correction, my Divx files DO work. My MPEG files will NOT load. And I believe they are MPEG2 (not 1).

My AVI files that are NOT compressed don't work either.

My WMV files play, but they video and the audio is NOT in synch.

I have a GEFORCE FX5200 here that I can install. I also have in my main computer an ATI 9800 XT, however, I'd rather not port that over to shuttle as I plan on using it in my gaming machine. Do you think I'd get enough improvement with the FX5200?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to report, my computer assigns my sound card to IRQ 21 AND my Network card. I disable the NETWORK card and it assigns the PCI to USB bus to IRQ 21... I can't seem to get the system to allow me to edit the IRQ like in the olden days.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 6:02 pm
this IRQ thing is a common 'problem' found in small form factor PCs like shuttles and laptops.. should not be a problem unless you have (high bandwith) video, audio and HDD on same IRQ..

I'd prefer having my video share it's IRQ with network, especially over USB.. So i'd leave the network enabled in your case..

And you need an MPG2 codec for MPG2files, this does not come wit the OS but is installed when you add, say, a DVD player like PowerDVD (which is the best anyway IMO).

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 6:22 pm
Thanks... for some strange reason I forgot to CHECK that off when I installed my Codec Lite file...

I've installed the CODEC for MPEG2 (now my mpegs play in Windows Media Player) But I still don't get them to play in Virtual DJ... Hmmm... Please understand, I'm not complaining, I'm happy so far, but if I'm missing something stupid until a patch for other problems, I'd kick myself :)

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 6:34 pm
Okay, here are the scores in Aquamark3:

Shuttle ON-Board Just over 7,000 Geforce 5200 just over 9,000 Radeon 9800 XT 45,000... I guess that tells me something... Which is the ideal zone to be in, you said over 25,000.... is 45,000 over kill?

I still can't play my MPEG2 files on the player. I get the audio, but no video. I read here in the forums that they don't always work. Should I install a particular MPEG2 decoder for it to work with Virtual Dj?

Next issue, I have another program that I use to play proprietary karaoke files... I can't see it in the secondary monitor. Any way to make the ACTIVE program have priority over the display? Is that a feature I missed? It's not there. I also use Internet Explorer in full screen to play flash files at full screen with the same problem with Virtual DJ, can't see the file even when nothing is playing and Virtual DJ is minimized. If anyone could answer these questions for me this afternoon, I'd be greatly appreciative. I have a show tonight, and want to stress test Virtual DJ, but not KILL my show :)

Thanks!

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 9:07 pm
IMO anything below 25000 is not suitable.

I found the codec that comes with powerDVD to work perfectly fine. I als have a winDVD copy which came with my 66000GT GFX card but that one don't seem to work with virtualDJ either.

Also as far as I figured you _MUST_ have the video out in 32bit gfx mode and at leats in 800x600 resolution. I don't know why, but I guess it has to do with the text overlay feature (and logo) needing the 8bit alpha channel

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 9:29 pm
A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU!!!

Yes, you are right, installing PowerDVD installed the CORRECT MPEG2 decoder for me! Great job! Now all seems to be closer to what I want and my show should go off without a hitch tonight (keeping fingers crossed!)

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 10:27 pm
Can anyone explain how to minimize, or allow other programs to display on top of Virtual DJ when no video is playing other than to kill the video? Overlay it or something?

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 12:16 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Are you asking to allow 2 pc video sources at once, I think not.
I have run Tricerasoft Elite along side and it freaks out my system if I hit play.
If I don't start Elite first, it won't start because it sees VDJ running.

The good part was I WAS able to run both and re enter my playlists into VDJ at least.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 1:18 am
Yes, I have a karaoke program that displays on the secondary monitor ONLY when it is playing a song, then it collapses. I'd like to have Virtual DJ playing a video and then cue up a song from my karaoke software. Other software packages allow the program that is in the FOREGROUND to have control over the secondary monitor while all other programs run in the background.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 1:31 am
If I were me.....And I am in the same spot with Sax & Dotty.

I'd be using VDJ for karaoke, that is what the program's design supports.
Beyond that, your computer will love you for it.........

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 2:21 am
I agree with you whole heartedly, however, I'd have to convert all my files over to mp3+g... right now 5000 of my songs are in another format that is proprietary. So, I'm sort of stuck between two programs. In addition, some of my files won't yet play on VDJ.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 4:31 pm
Which files are you having trouble playing in virtual dj?

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 4:35 pm
So they are encrypted .mp3+g's?

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 4:43 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Man!

You gotta love the openess of vdj not taking over file formats etc. I'm glad we don't have to deal with that.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 4:52 pm
95%