Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: R4 Visuals

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I\'m Thomas

i\'m new to VDJ, got the Pro vers. because of video integration and autfading between audiovisuals...

I found a program R4 visuals from: http://r4.rabidhamster.org/R4/main.php, it has great visuals...

it runs beside of VDJ and captures the sound and displays in a dedicated window

It is possible to integrate that fully into VDJ?... if yes how could it be done to make it autorun on audio files within VDJ...

Thanks all

Posted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 6:43 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The authors of R4 don't provide any way of doing this I'm afraid.

Posted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 7:44 am
wallterHome userMember since 2010
Scott is right, I'm affraid... but you could use it if you have TV-out and monitor-out on your laptop. VDJ will use TV-out to send video on TV screen over TV-out and R4 Executable could send it's visuals on other screen conected through the monitor-out. But first you have to set your soundcard to record from either wave or record master (or line-in). I made this and works ok (4 GB RAM should be enough). Here's info from their page:

NOTE: - The R4 Executable (not plugin) does NOT use WinAmp. It requires you to set your soundcard to record from either wave or record master (or line-in if you are working from external sound). That can be done via the sound icon in the bottom-right. If You have another application running that is trying to record sound, R4 will probably produce an error and not run properly. You should install R4 into ITS OWN directory - Not the WinAmp one.

This worked on my Toshiba with Vista Home Premium and later with Win7. Remember, you'll need two screens...

Posted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 5:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)