Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: audio cd support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

just curious whether vdj supports audiocd - in the way that it remembers the bpm and volume for particular song on the specific cd and stores it in its internal database.

and whether it supports cd-text ?

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 2:04 pm
Yes Virtual DJ Supports playing from CD you can even mix music from different tracks on the same CD at the same Time!
May vary depending on the specs of the computer.
Issues...I've found that if the CD VERY badly scratched it can lock up the program crashing the computer.
But thats never happened live, only at home, also not sure how it would handle "Protected CD's" with inbuilt copy
protection, but since they do not conform to CD "Red Book" std. technically they are not CD's.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 05 @ 8:49 am
Thanxs nitebeat, same happened to me I had to restart ...

anyway the support is known, I was just asking about the analysis and cd-text support.

I don't think it's working, I'm considering changing the filename parser to support the cd-ID,
so it will look up in own cd-database the cd and particular track And display it's name.

The idea is to have the cues stored for my audio cd's too.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 2:44 pm
I found that it works. Cues, all is stored, but naming track is possible only by direclty editing the xml file, otherwise you can edit only comment within VDJ.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 4:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)