Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: I want to extend the Karaoke plugin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am a C# developer (have done C++ before, though) and I have a need for a better Karaoke rotation manager plugin. My wife is the DJ, and does DJ and KJ events, and would like to be able to use your software to replace both PCDJ and Karma. She has started using VDJ recently, and we have both become decently familiar with the product.

She is not happy with the Karaoke rotation manager plugin, though. We KJ for a bar with a usual rotation of 30 or more, and manually keeping track of the singer rotation is not an option. She has gone so far as to revert back to Karma for Karaoke.

I want to extend the Karaoke rotation manager to function more like Karma, where you can represent singers as persistent objects, which are also list containers, and be able to organize new song requests using an algorithm based on taking turns.

I don't think I'd have much technical difficulties in developing this if I can get the source code to the original Karaoke plugin. Or at least an example to get me started.

Posted Fri 13 Aug 10 @ 6:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The source for the karaoke plugin is not available I'm afraid; you'll have to start from scratch.

The SDK is available to download and if you need help with a particular element then feel free to post up.

Posted Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 9:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)