Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with database

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Iam using VDJ 1.09 ,it was working fine with my 70gb when i was doing the "scan hd".Now i got a 300gb external hd full of music and when i'm trying to scan hd by database it crushes .Can anyone help me?

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 8:31 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Maybe some songs or videos have too long names. Or they are on some other ways damaged. Try to find them.
Do you use DjConsole version?

Dj Nikki.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 8:34 pm
yes i use the dj console but how can i find the damaged ones, it is too difficult and i thik that the database is just a text file so why to have difficulties to read too long named files?

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 2:27 am
Even windows has problems to play songs with too long name. Or it's just one song damaged.
Try to isolate this song. The best way is that you sort all songs to folders by name (first character) and scan each folder. When you know in which folder is song which is making problems, try again to sort songs of this folder, for example: in each folder at 20 songs if you really have a lot of them. Once you know in which subfolder it is, scan every song in it. I'm sure you'll find this song.

btw: set that you own DjConsole in your profile

Dj Nikki

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 10:35 am
but how can i scan each folder ? , the only choice i have is to choose what hd i will scan .

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 10:41 am
Not really. In 3.0x you can open folder - Desktop > my dokuments > ........
I think it is the same in Console version, but i'm not sure.
Don't click on Database, just open specified folder under Database icon. Then right click and "add to search DB".

Otherwise you can try to play all songs in wmp or winamp and you will find which one can't be played.

Dj Nikki

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 10:49 am
well unfortunately there is no function like that in my version but i understood that every time that crashes , it is showing the folder with the problem ,but anyway i have to thank you for you interesting .About decting my Hercules cannot be done because i don't use this pc for DJing and i don't see how can i put it manual .

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 11:12 am
I'm not sure if this helps

try to delete the mp3database.txt run scan again and when vdj crashes, try to look into
newly created file. I think the problematic file should be at the end. But I'm not sure just an Idea.

(remark: scanning results, BPM, CUES are stored in VirtualDJdatabase.xml file try to look into it too)

if you delete the xml file you will loose what youc customized (tempo, cues..)

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 12:01 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 1:19 pm
yes but i don't use it with this pc so i can't plug it in here

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 3:06 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK.

Have a test with the 3.0 demo and enjoy.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 4:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)