Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Sweet Scratch............... - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PM me your email and ill send you a copy......

Posted Sat 25 Aug 12 @ 5:46 pm
DopeBoyz wrote :
Quit hating on other products!

Who's hating?

Common sense tells me it's more about copyright than anything else. Other products have a look that distinguishes them from others and makes them recognisable. it's branding. If you establish a brand, you don't want others using your branding.

DopeBoyz wrote :
Why do you guys cry every time we make a skin similar to another product

Why do you need VDJ to look like another product? You should be a proud VDJ user. What are you ashamed of?

It's like drinking Pepsi from a Coke bottle because you don't want anyone seeing you drink Pepsi!

Posted Sun 26 Aug 12 @ 5:10 am
The Serato look-alike skins were removed after receiving complaints from the copyright holder. The same for Traktor. As a result, skins that look like other DJ software products are no-longer allowed since 2010: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/141989/VirtualDJ_Skins/Skins_based_on_other_products.html

And yes, if Apple were to complain about an iPod/MacOS look-alike skin, then yes, we would remove it too. This is probably unlikely though because they don't make DJ software and an iPod is a real hardware device anyway.

Also, as above, you shouldn't be trying to hide the fact that you are using VirtualDJ by making it look like a competitor's software product. You should be proud of using VirtualDJ, and there are plenty of very good original skins that you can use with better features and design than these look-alike skins.

Posted Sun 26 Aug 12 @ 9:04 am
Oh sorry guys, I never thought about them complaining. Sorry, VDJ kicks in stability so I have to say you guys rock. I thought it was you that didn't want it looking like something else. For me it was just the familiarity of the skin.

Posted Sun 26 Aug 12 @ 6:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)