Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

@Cstoll,
OK so this crossfader can be mapped for the video cf and do audio at the same time..........right?? Thats how my Ecler works.

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 6:25 pm
cstoll tried turning fader off on pro version problem is still there i cant fade out of video both playing on my extended monitor even when fader is on deck 1 or deck 2 also fader is out of wack when i slide fader full wall to deck 2 sound goes down but if i slide fader 3/16 away from deck 2 volume goe back up to normal
i trouble shooted this simptons on virtual le no issue with cues or fader end liakage volume issue ....exect that i cant expand to second monitor
could this be a issue of xml files

Posted Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 6:32 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you made any changes to the mappings then revert back to the default mapping. As I said above, those changes are absolutely not necessary and will introduce incorrect operations where not needed.

Also, are you using the unit in the 4-OUT mode? If not, revert back to the 4-Out mode as well.

And what do you mean 'fade out' are you talking about using the Fade to Black option ? If so, then you are correct - you can not use this option as it is tied to the volume faders of VirtualDJ. I am trying to get this separated in the next version, so fade to black is it's own VDJScript action.

Posted Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 7:06 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Will the on screen audio fader and eq's work with the fader and eq's on the vms4 using VDJ 7? I know we'll probably have to wait and see. I know you say it's a stand alone mixer, but it does still do midi. I'm probably missing something or there is something coming to have it all make sense.

Once in a while I do record my audio mixes.. should I forget about doing so with VMS4 (for now or forever)?? Visuals of the controls don't affect the show after all said and done but would be nice to actually see that is happening. Maybe I'm just used to looking at the screen every now and then and seeing what I am doing. Trust me, I started with vinyl so not that big of a deal if not possible.

Currently have the Total Control and in need of an upgrade (big time). VMS4 is definitely an option. The new Denon controller looks like a nice controller but don't want to spend that kind of money.

Posted Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 7:11 pm
cstoll what i mean is if slide the fader to right side meaning deck2 ..example playing deck 1 volume on the 1 is load now im gonna mix deck 2 in by sliding fader to the right mening toward deck 2 volume come in from deck2 the more i slide it to right the louder it get till i get closer to end on deck2 volume just drops down but if i slide fade a hair back sound goes back up...
your ? on 4 out put my vms4 switch is set to 4 out not 8out unless u talking within software...sound card is set to headphones external mixer and vms4 card

Posted Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 7:20 pm
QUEWHAT62 wrote :
sound card is set to headphones external mixer and vms4 card

Is it Headphones or External Mixer ? Can't be both ... it should be External Mixer.

As for your crossfade issue, you might want to check on how you have your crossfader settings on the front ... the crossfader should be - left knob on Chan 2 - right knob on Chan 3 ... then you have the curve - which depending on how tight you want the fade to come in - start with it full right then back it off to the left until you find the right setting you want.

DJ Koz wrote :
Maybe I'm just used to looking at the screen every now and then and seeing what I am doing.

Understand what you are saying and for the current version - there is not a visual representation of the VMS4 mixer settings in the interface (skin). With the TotalControl - yes it is a PURE MIDI device and relied on VirtualDJ's internal abilities. The VMS4 is not like that. As I mentioned, we are working on features in Version 7, to have VirtualDJ's skins react to Hardware Mixers that send MIDI - but where we don't want VirtualDJ to do anything other than change what is on the skin.

Posted Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 7:43 pm
thanx cstoll
ll dont know if is a fluke but it seem to be behaving fine now dont know if is the hard ware right now i have setup
input none
external mixer
soundcard vms4
also have crossfader disable and crossfader on mapper instead of crossfader_video
like i said its behaving now ill write down my setting to make sure they dont change to trouble shoot if it happens again if it does then it could be hardware problem..

Posted Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 8:10 pm
cstoll, I'm sure you guys will do whatever is possible. VDJ is a great product. If it isn't possible to use on screen visuals with all VMS4 controls, then there's nothing we can do. You guys are the experts. I am anxiously and patiently waiting for VDJ 7.

Posted Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 8:14 pm
QUEWHAT62 wrote :
cstoll tried turning fader off on pro version problem is still there i cant fade out of video both playing on my extended monitor even when fader is on deck 1 or deck 2 also fader is out of wack when i slide fader full wall to deck 2 sound goes down but if i slide fader 3/16 away from deck 2 volume goe back up to normal

Have you checked the crossfader curve setting on the front of the VMS4? From memory, when turned all the way to the right, the crossfader is very wide so will bring in the other deck very quickly. Turned all the way to the left, the curve is much smoother.

Cheers,

Roy

Edit: Just read Chris's post which says exactly what I said...

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 4:16 am
cstoll wrote :

As I mentioned, we are working on features in Version 7

@cstoll : In Vdj 7 can you creat in VDJ Script an action compatible with the touch slide of VMS4 ?

New version, New possibility ?

Thanks !

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 5:30 am
Sheesh! Just spent near 2 hours of my life reading all 12 of these pages as I really fancy this unit.

Think I'm gonna wait for the next 12 pages of you guys getting the VMS4 sorted before I buy.

Wonder if the issues will be fixed before the BPM Show, may pick one up from there. :-)

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 6:13 am
What issues??

If anything there are hardware design 'opinions' - but there are no functional issues when using it with VirtualDJ.

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 8:18 am
The intetface with VDJ is fine, however the manual is vague in places.

I know the touchstrip issue has been explained but reading the manual leads a potential customer to believe they will work with the supplied software. Also it misleads by indicating the inner and outer jogwheel sections are isolated for bend/scratch and makes no mention whatsoever that you have to keep those tacky looking rubber covers on.

No fault of Atomix of course but I personally feel the overall package is not quite there somehow. Apart from the build quality being poor I just feel it shouldn't have gone to market the way it was.

Keith

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 9:40 am
cstoll wrote :

@cstoll : In Vdj 7 can you creat in VDJ Script an action compatible with the touch slide of VMS4 ?

Thanks for the answer

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 12:14 pm
Quick question.
Why is there not a continous play feature on the VDJ LE version for the VMS?

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 12:43 pm
Because that is one of the features that makes the Limited Edition limited. If you want Automix then you need to upgrade to the Pro version.

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 2:21 pm
Rob, I suggest you upgrade to Pro for that feature. You will probably get Pro for half the price and not be limited to any features (except you need a subscription for full blown Netsearch).

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 2:30 pm
Thanks guys, I do plan to get Pro but the VMS4 set me back a bit, and yes I can upgrade at a discount. That's why I got the VMS4 before upgrading to Pro from the trial version.

I just have to say that the VDJ Pro software and the VMS4 controller will make my dreams come true as a DJ/KJ/VJ. My entire music, karaoke, music video, ambiant video collection at my finger tips, greatly reducing my footprint and set up time. I have a few months of upload time in front of me, but it will be well worth it.

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 4:16 pm
cstoll wrote :

Thanks for the answer

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 5:49 pm
Please do not repost again, comments about what is in the next version are not going to be posted.

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 5:52 pm
35%