Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: D-Vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

triadPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi!

After running into "Button Problems" with my DJConsole I had the Idea to buy the D-Vinyl as a more reliable Controller. I don't need the Vinyl-Possibilities at the Moment, so does anybody have experiances with this Tool as a normal VDJ-Controller (instead of the DJ Console)?

Thanx!
Tom

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 1:02 pm
Hi triad,
I use my d-vinyl2020 for over a year now, also after some gigs with the dj console. There are a lot more buttons. I like the display, the only thing I miss there is that the artist and song title are not displayed. The buttons and jog wheels are 1000 times better than on the Hercules one.
After I received the d-vinyl controller I never used the dj console anymore.

I posted also a review a long time ago

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5705&page=1

If you have any question, please ask
Ewout

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 8:23 pm
Hello! Help me please, I cannot connect D-vinyl 2020 completely. Music is lost only from a deck A! Thanks. Sergey.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 1:02 pm
Sergey,
are you using windows xp or 2000? Do you like to use the build in soundcard?
Please also post your system specs.
Ewout

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 7:44 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Superstom,

How are the buttons mapped on the D Vinyl controller?. Do they all correspond to the VDJ software (i.e Sync, FX, etc)

Thanks

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 1:18 am
bmac,
you are not able to map the buttons yourself, but in my opinion this is not necessary. All buttons are mapped ok. You could control VDJ without using the mouse. The only thing you can't use with the controller only are the samples.
The only thing I would like to change is the pitch bend buttons and nudging with the jog wheel. When you hit the button shortly the change is too big. There is already a request to make this value changable.
Ewout

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 6:32 pm
Superstom,

Thanks for the feedback. It's much appreciated. Two more questions.

Can you scratch with it using the controller?

How do you feel about the button layout?.

Is it to crowded?

Are the button's too small?

I keep going back in forth between D-Vinyl, Dac-2 and TCCD's like a Denon 6000 (Since I'm used to using a dual cd player)

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 4:23 pm
2 questions, I count 4 ;-)

- You cant scratch with the jog wheels. The wheels are for pitch bending during play and search on pause. Maybe there is an option to switch scratching on, but I haven't found it.

- The button layout is almost the same as the denon 2500F I used before I got two Denon 1000 cd players. Now I use the two denon 1000 players on both sides of my mixer and the d-vinyl controller above my mixer. I like this setup alot. I have the ability to use both the laptop and cd's.
Like said before the only thing I would like to change is the step of the pitch bend buttons

- The size of the buttons are ok. The buttons you use often (play, cue) are big. The others are smaller but good to use. In my opinion there are not too much buttons. I like it that you are able to use almost all functionality using the controller.

Hope this helps. If you have other questions, please let me know
Ewout

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 10:06 pm
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm going to surf the web now and buy one.

One more question. Have you ever used your denon 1000's with TCCD's?.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 2:17 am
bmac,

I have time code vinyls and also created a time code cd.
You could use the d-vinyl time code vinyls, but they do not work very good. That's partly caused by some old Asio drivers. The inputs on the d-vinyl card are not recognized by the Asio driver and also not by the Asio4All driver, so you could not use time code vinyls or timecode cds with the controller.

At this moment I use the d-vinyl controller for controlling VDJ and as sound card in a 4.1 configuration. I'm using the Windows USB driver for that.

To use my Time code vinyls and cds I ordered a Maya USB card. When I receive this card I will try it with the denon players. I will post the results on the forum
Ewout

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 8:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)