Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Wireless Mics

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kilerbHome userMember since 2005
Hi there... I was looking into getting a handheld wireless microphone for wedding receptions. One that would have really good range so I could go the opposite side of the reception and still have crystal clear sound. I saw someone using a Shure brand the other day and it sounded great. Of course I didn't ask him the model, and now that I'm looking, I see these things range from $100 to $2000... Anyone have any experience with these that could recommend a really reliable brand/model?
Thanks in advance!

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 7:18 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
see in your favourite DJstore
for "shure" product

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 10:48 pm
I did, but they have Shure mics from $100-$2000. Do you have any experience with a good model with good range? Thanks!

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 3:58 am
Try to use the PGX series of Shure, I recommend the PGX24/PG58 is not to expensive and it has a good range, you can visit shure.com to get more tech specification.

Regards

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 5:02 am
Thanks a lot... PERFECT. Right in the range I was trying to stick with. I found a guy on Ebay that has the same receiver with a SM58 mic for about the same price, actually a little less then what most are asking for the PG58. It looks as though on Shure's site, it's a little bit higher end, but not much at all. Think that would do the job just as well, if not a bit better?
Thanks again!

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 8:56 am
Was also just noticing that the BETA mics are a little more and they are suggested for use with music and spoken word on Shure's site. Just in case anyone has any experience with that one too! :) Thanks!

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 9:07 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Shure also features a $85.00 fix anything wrong policy, just send it in and you get basically a factory refresh including anything it needs for one set price.
I bought the SLX series last year, love the remote rack mount, totally out of sight with just 2 little remote antennas on top of the rack.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 11:46 am
I don't like the brand for other things but my Gemini UHF mics never fail me and go anywhere. They are also much more affordable. $200-300 for a set

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 1:36 pm
you don't like shure !!! woow i'm sorprised, is the most, professional, famous, brand on microphones :S

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 6:06 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Agree. I have one of shure.

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 9:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)