Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys, im planning to buy a Dj Mixer this month, it will be my first...so i was wondering if anyone suggest any mixer within $200.
i have an eye on the Behringer Pro Mixer VMX300: check it out: http://www.behringer.com/vmx300/index.cfm?lang=ENG
It has the same SN ratio as a $350 Pioneer DJM300, but this one is far lower priced. Wonder what i can expect. But it looks professional and has 3 channel inputs. And also all the required features like kill EQs and AUTO BPM counters... So please tell me if i have made the right choice.
Thanks.
DJ Aditya

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 10:03 am
Anyone? Please...your thoughts are valuable!

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 12:39 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The VMX300 is a good mixer to start with, as it has good funtionnalities like the DJM300.

But for 150$ difference in price, don't expect to get the same quality as pionneer.

Behringer, makes good quality mixers, but if you are a bit too rough with your mixer, you will brake the plastic parts.

By the way, you can't compare the sound of the djm and the vmx. the sound will be better on the pioneer mixer.

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 3:41 pm
But i read both reviews, and Pionerr has a Signal-noise ratio of 80db...but Vmx300 has >85db...so i guess the sound is better?
Any other suggestions on a mixer? again, under$200!
thanks

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 5:36 pm
I currently have a VMX300 and it is a good mixer to start with. There are many features that you can use and the sound quality is good. If your looking into getting a cheap mixer to start off with I wouldn't think twice about buying this. Just remember one thing when buying a mixer...You get what you pay for!

It has all the basic features that you would be looking for, beat counters (I never used them) 3 channels (1 can be swapped from Line in/phono or Mic). kill switches in the front so you don't hit them too easilly, etc.

I went from the VMX300 to a Pioneer DJM-909 but am still keeping the VMX300 in case something happens to my Pioneer mixer since its been good to me so far. I've owned it for 1 year now and its still plays like new.

Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 6:23 pm
Cool! thats great to hear that i can still stick to my budget! thanks dude!
Happy DJing.
DJ Aditya

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 1:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)