Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Rhythm waves...........

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok for those of you who have put different types in you skins I have a few questions,

"where do these numbers---
*** BLUE ***
<chan1_active1 x="145" y="2915"/>
<chan1_active2 x="145" y="2841"/>
*** RED ***
<chan2_active1 x="145" y="2841"/>
<chan2_active2 x="145" y="2915"/>
*** OVERLAY ***
<both_active1 x="145" y="3057"/>
<both_active2 x="145" y="3057"/>

I have been stuck on this for days now, lol!! So can some one please go through and explain where these numbers come from??

Thanks for looking and your time
Huey

Posted Tue 29 Jun 10 @ 11:57 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :

*** BLUE ***
<chan1_active1 x="145" y="2915"/> How deck 1 rythm should look when deck 1 is selected (PFL)
<chan1_active2 x="145" y="2841"/> How deck 1 rythm should look when deck 2 is selected (PFL)
*** RED ***
<chan2_active1 x="145" y="2841"/> How deck 2 rythm should look when deck 1 is selected (PFL)
<chan2_active2 x="145" y="2915"/> How deck 2 rythm should look when deck 2 is selected (PFL)
*** OVERLAY ***
<both_active1 x="145" y="3057"/> How overlay (deck 1+ deck 2) rythm should look when deck 1 is selected (PFL)
<both_active2 x="145" y="3057"/> How overlay (deck 1+ deck 2) rythm should look when deck 2 is selected (PFL)

SQ;p

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 12:08 am
WOW your fast bro, lol!!
OK next question,

"How or where do I find these numbers?? I know some are the "DOWN" but the others I am clueless..........Also how do I insert these numbers?? When I try it shows "Width", etc, which I now is wrong.

Again thanks for your time and looking
Huey

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 12:18 am
Ok so I got the colors in the right place (I think, lol) but when I select a deck its still not right............hmmm..........could I have a master skinner look at it for me?? If so pm me or leave a message here and I'll send you a link to the skin.

As always thanks for looking and your time
Huey

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 12:11 pm
Huey - just got online - will have a look if you send me an updated file to download!!

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 12:19 pm
Thanks Dan, I pmed you the link..

Huey

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 5:55 pm
I must have really messed it up, lol..

Posted Thu 01 Jul 10 @ 5:01 pm
Okey Dokey,

Had a quick look and you need to a variation to the bmp.
You need to have your default color, the a slightly darker version of the same thing for each deck.

Then you need to adjust your coding like this:

<rhythm pannel="Rhythm1">
<size width="235" height="41"/> POSITION OF ACTUAL RHYTHM WAVEFORM
<pos x="523" y="7"/>
*** ORANGE ***
<chan1_active1 x="x" y="x"/> POSITION OF DECK 1 WAVEFORM COLOUR WHEN DECK 1 IS ACTIVE
<chan1_active2 x="x" y="x"/> POSITION OF DECK 1 W/F COLOUR WHEN DECK 2 IS ACTIVE - THE DARKER SHADE
*** YELLOW ***
<chan2_active1 x="5" y="2772"/> POSITION OF DECK 2 W/F COLOUR WHEN DECK 1 IS ACTIVE - THE DARKER SHADE
<chan2_active2 x="5" y="2772"/> POSITION OF DECK 2 W/F COLOUR WHEN DECK 2 IS ACTIVE
*** OVERLAY ***
<both_active1 x="5" y="2772"/> SAME AS CHAN1_ACTIVE1
<both_active2 x="5" y="2772"/> SAME AS CHAN2_ACTIVE2

.</rhythm>

The reason the your grid isn't showing on the default view is because the code is missing. Copy it from your split view.

If you still have a problem then update the bitmap, send it over and i'll point you in the right direction. :)

Posted Fri 02 Jul 10 @ 8:27 am
Ok Dan I owe you so much already, thanks a million!! Got the deck select thing all fixed, beat grid is up and working and thanks for laying out the coding like you did cause I had no clue, lol!!

Ok now we got problems, After I got the waves all working I LOST DECK 2\'s ability to change slipmats..............when I checked the XML with the skin creator everything was there like its supposed to be but when I open the skin with VDJ, nothing shows up on deck 2. When I drag my mouse pointer over the button that changes the mats on deck 1 the tool tip thingy shows up...........now when I do the same for deck 2 nothing shows uo. Its like nothing was put there (but in the XML it is there)...........Is it possible to have to much going on in the skin or not enough space in the skin??

There should be a slipmat there and I couldnt hover over the button and snap the picture to show you nothing would show up.

Anybody feel free to chime in with your thoughts and or suggustions. Also if you would like the skin hit me up and I\'ll send you a link to it cause I would really love to get this fixed soon.

As always thanks for looking and your time, hope to hear from someone soon
Huey
and yes I'm really bummed out about this, stuck for days and now this...................

Posted Sat 03 Jul 10 @ 12:00 am
OK fellas I GOT IT FIXED!! Yeah I'm excited, Lmao!! It was the "Pannel ID #'s", I had them the same and for some reason the waves # would over ride the slipmat #.
Version3 out soon!!!

Huey

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 1:10 pm
wow ur going really fast dude...
quick learner is a good sign =)

keep it up

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 6:24 pm
Thanks bro but its cause of people like yourself, DJTouchDan, Zanard. You guys have taught me a ton, it just happens that I am a quick learner, lol!! I got a few more things I wanna try with this skin then its off to create my own from scratch.............

Happy 4th of July
Huey

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 7:28 pm
You'll get loads more satisfaction when you do your 1st one for start to finish. You're learning the right way, it only gets better now.

Good luck ;)

Posted Mon 05 Jul 10 @ 8:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)