Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Broadcasting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How do i broadcast and have people tune into virtualdj and hear the music im playing?

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 1:25 am
leeroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what i did was to select record on the options below the crossfader. select broadcast, then click on configure. Where it says format, i selected shout cast. you then have to select an encoder. i used lame.
I set my bit rate at 128 to start.
then where it says server, select broadcast from my computer. and then click ok.
click on start recording, then play an mp3!!
and thats it.
There is an address where people can listen. Type this in address section of internet explorer. or i opened winamp and typed it in where it says play url.
vdj tells you how many people are listening also.
When u set up post a message here with the address and i will listen, and let you know it worked ok.

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 2:24 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've tried this many times and all i get is "connecting" and then nothing more. occasionally a time out or some other error but i've never got it to work. i've been trying for about a week now.

have tried broadcasting ogg files and mp3s but neither seem to work.

I have however connected to myself using both winamp and WMP but this must just be cos its a local host.

Really wanna be able to broadcast to my m8s my mixes live...

I think one possibility is that VDJ says to connect to http://169.xxx.xx.xx:8000/virtualDJ.ogg, but when i went to www.whatismyip.com it stated that it was 172.xxx.xxx.xx, which doesnt make sence, if VDJ says to connect to one IP which isn't mine.

Will it work if i tell my mates to connect to http://172.xxx.xxx.xx:8000/virtualDJ.ogg?

Cheers

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 11:15 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This seems to have worked btw, however i have now encountered another problem. every so often the client looses the signal then reaquires it. I assume that this is due bandwitdth problems, so is there someway of boosting a signal which does not require another computer? or any other costs?

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 11:43 pm
leeroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
when i first tried to broadcast, my friends said that he couldnt hear anything, as it was constantly buffering. So i lowered the bitrate in the configuration section. I lowered from 320kbs to 128kbs and then my music could be heared, without pause in music while buffering.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 2:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)