Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: ClipBank Not Randomizing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've been having problems with the "Random Video Plug in" not randomizing the clipback I assigned in the Config Video Tab for Audio files only, as the effects for audio files.

I created additional cilpbanks for different Genre types, for example I have one with ClipBank 2, ClipBank 3, ClipBank Reggae and so on

I did some testing today to see why I am having this problem and noticed that if I use the default "ClipBank" I can see a "Blue" box just to the right of the active ClipBank in the "Video Effects Tab".

When I activate my other ClipBank 2 no "Blue" box appears next to the active Clipbank 2 in the "Video Effects Tab", It only appears by the default "ClipBank" even though its not active.

I can see the Blue Box in the default "ClipBank" randomizing through all the video clips even though its not active, This should be happening in ClipBank 2 in its active state, but its Not happening, it seems that it Only works in the default "ClipBank".

The first clip in ClipBank 2 does play on screen but not randomly it just stops when the clip is done and the screen blanks out.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?...what can I do to fix this its driving me crazy in the club cause I have to change the clips manually in the bank if I'm using any other "ClipBank".

Any Help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joey.......

Posted Tue 22 Jun 10 @ 8:47 pm
Random Clipbank is a user-created plugin that must reference the Clipbank plugin by its name to work.

If you rename the Clipbank plugin (To create additional banks) then it will not work (The random plugin has no way of knowing of the existence of these additional plugins or their names.)

Posted Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 6:42 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Ok thanks for that answer, but what about if Random clipbank where to have an option to point to a new clipbank name would it work then?

Thanks

Joey...

Posted Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 7:09 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
We'll address this in the already existing relevant thread ;)

Posted Thu 24 Jun 10 @ 8:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)