Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plugin needed - Trigger video sample via MIDI keyboard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I do a live comedy show and use a software based sampler with a MIDI keyboard. I also use VirtualDJ to play music videos before and after the show for the dance floor of the club.

The use of the sampler software is for sound effects, and songs during the show. I would like to reproduce that functionality inside VirtualDJ to where instead of just audio samples, a key on the keyboard could trigger a specific video clip and play to the screens. Currently when I do need a video clip to add to the comedy of the show, I have to cue it up manually and play it using VirtualDJ, and that sometimes takes too long and I miss the timing required for it to be funny.

I am already using a MIDI compatible controller/soundcard for virtual DJ so it would have to be a second MIDI interface (the keyboard)

Is this even possible? I do have a little experience programming, but wouldn't want to spend too much time going down this path if it isn't even possible to have a second MIDI device trigger things in VirtualDJ.

End result would be to leave functionality of VirtualDJ alone with my current MIDI controller for DJ'ing, and then have my MIDI keyboard trigger a load of a video clip, and play the audio and video out as quickly as possible. The reason I use a keyboard is I can have hundreds of clips quickly available at the touch of a button.

Posted Mon 21 Jun 10 @ 2:39 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Use "video_fx_button" with ClipBank

Posted Mon 21 Jun 10 @ 4:15 pm
Ok, I am playing with ClipBank now. How would I interface a second MIDI source to trigger the videos?
Also, I would need the audio and video from the clips, not just the video.

Posted Mon 21 Jun 10 @ 9:06 pm
eLeDuSHPRO InfinityMember since 2007
see my profile

clipbank configuration

Posted Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 5:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)