Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: More video issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been trying to get the sync and low framerate issues dealt with and noticed something which could very well be a problem..

Play a video track and switch between '1+2' and '1' on the preview. In my case when I am on 1+2 playback is 'normal' with the mentioned sync problem and kinda blurry video. When I select '1' both video screen and the whole system almost crawls to a halt. While audio playback stays on track, the rest is slugish as h*ll..

Other video capable DJ software (I tried a couple of demos) are all fine on the same hardware

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 6:48 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Does that even on my system Paul.
Video is a fledgling here, but its getting better.
Give it some time, i'm sure they know about it.

I set up beside the screen, so I can see it.
Rarely do I look at the preview anymore.

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 7:41 pm
I'm playing around with the gig machine here and noticed that performance gets a lot better when I use the on-board sound instead of the RME HDSP RPM unit. It has it's own PCI interface card, which is on a separate IRQ. Other software has no issues with it, in fact I use it on the same system to record 24 tracks of audio during live gigs. That goes with out a hitch so I know the system is fine, just the combo of VDJ and the RME unit seem sto be shaky..

I'll remove the PCI card completely, but doubt it'll make things much better TBH.. Oddly I also use the RME unit (with it's cardbus interface) on my lapto and have no issues there (exept for the weird reverse sound I get whenever I use the RME with VDJ)

Still have the sync issue though.. even the smallest pull on a TC CD will make the video go out of sync..

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 7:51 pm
I decided to do a complete upgrade of the gigbox (hated the mATX case anyway ;^) ) and went for a full size tower with new ASUS P4P800SE mainboard.. This gave me a big performance boost (the upgrade of the mainboard alone make me jump from 30.000 to 46.000 in Aquamark which I found rather amazing since the only real diference is the chipset. SIS on the mATX, Intel on the ATX). Goes to show how much choosing the right hardware goes..

I am still having issues with slowdown when I use the RME interface though. I did contact RME support to see what they have to say about it.. The RME unit is something I do not want to part with since it does only cause problems with VDJ right now. I just hope a solution can be found.

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 10:48 am
Got my TCVs today and when setting up I noticed I had the RME unit in WDM mode. After I switched to ASIO it was apparent performance went up quite a bit. Also in ASIO the reverse play is fine (although other software also plays reverse fine in WDM mode..)

I'll be doing some more testing over the weekend and let ya'll know what I come up with. At least what I have heard and seen sofar made me feel quite a bit better. I was thinking about getting the XP10s, but seeing some video footage I find they are kinda small, I prefer 12" or at least Pioneer CDJ1000 size interfaces.. But I'll pop a TC CD in a set of Technics SL-DZ1200s tomorrow and see how that handles..

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 12:31 am
Seems like I got the system set up right this time.. Although I do experience the sync issues with video, playback is perfectly fine now. So I guess sometime soon I'll take this setup out and see how it handles live..

I do hope the sync issue gets resolved soon as it is a problem when you're using video live, but I trust it'll be fixed shortly..

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 7:59 pm
Paul,

Just so you know, the problem with the system slowing down is a known issue. My system gets choppy and the video studders a lot whey I click on the 1 or the 2. I have spoken to Cyder about that.

Stay clicked on the 1+2 for now. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Killabee44

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 5:47 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Mine also starts the second I start a fade/transition.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 1:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)