Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: BlackSheep v3 (Ultimate) - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The skins browser area acts weird on both pc's i put it on. Each section of the browser is invisible until you click on each area or minimize/maximize

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 12:24 pm
Great work Dan. I used your skin this weekend. Couple of observations I may be able to alter in the XML myself. I don't care for the text colour, for me it's too monochrome when in white. I prefer yellow. The ladder backgrounds of the faders is too bright for me, just needs fading down a little so that the fader is more visible.

I notice that you don't have a "smart play" button on this skin. See my post in the General section regarding this, nothing to do with your skin, but, rather the modifications done to "smart play".

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 9:06 pm
Oh nearly forgot, the stripe drawing in the players is very difficult to see. A clearer base colour may be better.

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 10:32 pm
Right clicking on the play button makes use of "play_sync_onbeat" which in effect has the same action as smart play but automatically without having to toggle it!!

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 12:05 am
Thanks for the reply Dan, but, the "play_sync_onbeat" is exactly what I don't want as explained in the General Forum.

What I want to do is manually sync the tempo when I want to, but, "play_onbeat" when pressing "play" on my Hercules RMX.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 1:57 pm
"smart_play" is still an option in V7 - i will look at adding the code somewhere on the skin.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 2:00 pm
Thanks Dan, would be mucho appreciated. :-)

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 11:29 am
Hi Dan
Used this skin all weekend again. One thing I noticed, in the rhythm window the left player graphic (blue) is always at the front with the right player graphic (red) behind it. This used to be linked to the headphone selection. Is it possible to do this? Can be difficult to setup a cue point on the right deck on the fly when the left deck is hiding the right player graphic.

Other than my previous comments in this thread everything else was fine.
Cheers
Les

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 6:15 pm
Glad you like it.

Yes, in V7 there was a new way of adding rhythmwaves. I think I need to look at this a bit more- I also noticed things weren't quite right the other night. Nothing to bad to work with- but not ideal.

Haven't forgotten smart play either.

How many decks are you using with it??

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 6:20 pm
For my normal video residency just 2 decks, however, just had a video intro done by bigbizbro. Planning on putting it in deck 3 this weekend to use the sound as well as putting it into the clipbank. Have modified my Hercules RMX Source buttons to switch between decks 1 & 3 and decks 2 & 4 but not really used it at a gig like that yet.

I suggested an idea a year ago that it would be good to couple the clipbank with the sampler section to be able to use video jingles. Seems like we're almost there with the extra decks. :-)

PS I noticed using the standard skins, switching skins caused a 1 second pause in sound output. That means it's not feasible to switch skins in the middle of a gig. Yours, however, switches smoothly with no sound drop out. Dunno if you knew that. :-)

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 9:12 pm
I meant to say switching skins between 2, 4 and 6 decks :-)

Posted Wed 27 Oct 10 @ 7:33 am
I like it a lot!!!!

Posted Wed 27 Oct 10 @ 12:55 pm
Any word on the 1280X800 skin? I am dying to get my hands on it!

Posted Wed 27 Oct 10 @ 1:24 pm
?

Posted Wed 10 Nov 10 @ 8:21 pm
download it to another server?? please

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 9:44 pm
Please do not ask users to post skins on external sites. Please purchase a VDJ Pro licence if you want access to custom skins.

Keith

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 7:42 am
/\ sorry! I'll buy a license. :)

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 2:59 pm
Oh YeaaaHH!!! I got it! Resized to 1280x800 after fixing the resize Bug But been comparing notes with the original until i found the nasty buggers...Dan its a Beuty!

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 5:50 am
Rob heres what you do for a 1280x800 size.i presume you have gotten the skincreator and Resizer programs from downloads applications? then after opening the zip file pack so you can open th xml and the Bmp files accordingly,open the xml in the resizer program and select your size,keep the "Resize simple" function checked so you dont get graphical errors.now you will have the skin in your size BUT you may get an "Error on line 0" warning and it wont open? open the new skin in skin creator,on the top click the xml tab.now select the "check xml for errors" tab.now there will be a list BUT disregard the "missing a < or >" errors.these dont realy affect the skin in this situation.its the missing a " in line "whatever" and the skin creator should be pointing at the line on the far left screen (the xml screen).now open the same xml file in windows notepad and find that code (might take a while) and type in the missing element.resave it via notepad replcing the bad copy.that should be it! try it,cant be afraid of these things,its like replacing a light bulb (I wish,haha) yeap...hope that helps.

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 11:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)