Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Peavey IPR 1600 Power Amp

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anybody playing large halls with these? i got a pair of them last week for $500.00us and i used them twice and i have to tell you i can't tell the diffrence between the cs800 series and these. i've really been pushing them hard. i wanna know ,what's the catch? they are only 7 lbs. they feel like toys but they sound like the real thing. how much use can i expect to get out of these. i average 5 or 6 large shows a month, for the price i would like to buy 2 more.

"blazing the ones and twos"
dj steel will

Posted Sun 13 Jun 10 @ 3:34 pm
Keep them cool - any heat the fans can't displace will result in a shut down.
If mounted in a rack consider leaving both doors off the rack and perhaps a fan.

The bigger brother to these (Ipr 3000) is the bad boy I use for my passive backup system

Posted Sun 13 Jun 10 @ 4:40 pm
Thanks bro, just did a 6 hour gig at the park and it did'nt even clip once, and i was pushing them pretty hard (within reason) it did'nt even sweat,altho i took your advice and put a fan in the back of the rack. i think i like em'

dj steel will

Posted Mon 14 Jun 10 @ 7:49 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi mate

The big difference here is the build quality and the power supply. The Comercial Series amps are built like tanks and use an old fassioned transformer based power supply.

The newer amps use a lightweight switchmode power supply. As do many top quality amps QSC, Crown Carver and so on. This is becoming the norm now. As has already been suggested, keep em cool and they should continue to work well.

One further thing is make shure you hook them up with a substantial power cable. These amps can produce massive current surges when operating and realy do suffer when the mains input power supply is not up to scratch.

Daz

Posted Tue 15 Jun 10 @ 4:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)