Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Adding slipmats................ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok I have found where this is at in the XML but when I put the image on the bitmap nothing happens, well I shouldnt say that. The needle disaapears so I'm sure I got it in the right place, but the thing I'm missing is, I think I have to attach the XML to the image and I dont have a clue..................So any skinners out there wanna steer me in the right direction, please. I should add that I want the slipmats to rotate.

As always Thanks for looking and your time
Huey

Posted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 11:12 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hi, what Skin are you trying to edit?
We cannot really help you with not knowing which Skin it is as the design is different in every skin

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 1:42 am

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 6:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
JeremK i was wondering if you could create a plugin (or an option to your Skin Creator) to change the image of the platter generally. Example.. you could ask the image file, resize it according the skin and then editing the xml. It would be awesome.

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 8:13 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
This is possible but would it really be useful?

I have already added an option to change the background of the Browser and I don't think many people use it.

Anyway, I'll see... maybe after this summer's Skin Creator update.

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 9:33 am
Ok I don't understand exactly what you 2 are talking about but if you mean the ability to change the picutre on the platter when ever I want?? That would be super FRESH!! Cause I get bored and usually change or add color to the skin but if I Can already do that please, please tell me how.......

As always Thanks for looking and you time
Huey

P.S.
If this double post its something to do with my phone so I'm sorry. I'm posting from my phone and sometimes it likes to double post. Not sure why yet.

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 9:53 am
JeremK wrote :
I have already added an option to change the background of the Browser and I don't think many people use it..

A solid darik color for browser background is allways the best choice for a skin, so thats basically normal.

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 10:20 am
zanardPRO InfinityMember since 2003
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Ok I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t understand exactly what you 2 are talking about but if you mean the ability to change the picutre on the platter when ever I want?? That would be super FRESH!! Cause I get bored and usually change or add color to the skin but if I Can already do that please, please tell me how.......

As always Thanks for looking and you time
Huey

P.S.
If this double post its something to do with my phone so I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m sorry. I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m posting from my phone and sometimes it likes to double post. Not sure why yet.

The new version of my skin (x-12 v1.1)you can change the image of the disk (slipmats).
Here you can see some examples:

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 2:56 pm
@Zanard..........are you going to tell us how you do this?? There are other skins that can be changed as well, I have downloaded them and looked at the XML file but can't figure out the code. I know that you guys didn't create the skin(which seems why people don't always wanna help.....) and I'm not planning on uploading it, I would just like to be able to change them on the skin I use. Which is the "Scratch Video" skin. To you guys who have made the skins with interchangeable slipmats I give you big props but most of those skins are CDJ's and I use Turntables. It would look kinda funny using those with turntables, so back to the original question, "how do you do it?" I have been up for the past 2 nights tryin things but nothing is working, I have compared XML's but every Skinner uses different terms I have learned. So if someone could just steer me in the right direction it would much appreciated.

As always thanks for looking and you time
Huey

P.S. Why does it always double post when I use my phone? Its a BlackBerry...........

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 3:33 pm
zanardPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 3:53 pm
Thats whats up!!

@Zanard, are your slipmats located on the Bitmap image itself?? Thats the part thats really throwing me off. I have my images but where would I place them?

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 4:55 pm
@Huey,

You need to put them in the skin BMP then direct the XML element to them. As Zanard has illustrated you will use the "down" part of the element for the new slipmat.

@Zanard

Bloody genius - multiple slipmats

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 5:06 pm
Ok that makes sense, lol!! Now I just gotta learn how to use the skin creater, lmao!!

We shall meet again (I'm sure of it, lol!!)
Huey

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 5:09 pm
Zanard, your graphics are wonderfull. Hope to se more skins from you.

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 5:14 pm
OK heres what my XML says,

### VISUALS ###

--- Vumeter left ---
<visual source=\"deck 1 get level_left\" type=\"linear\" orientation=\"vertical\" direction=\"up\">
<pos x=\"486\" y=\"200\"/>
<size width=\"7\" height=\"125\"/>
<down x=\"339\" y=\"1847\"/>
</visual>

--- Vumeter right ---
<visual source=\"deck 1 get level_right\" type=\"linear\" orientation=\"vertical\" direction=\"up\">
<pos x=\"499\" y=\"200\"/>
<size width=\"7\" height=\"125\"/>
<down x=\"339\" y=\"1847\"/>
</visual>

--- Visual Deck ---
<visual pannel=\"Visual_Beats\" source=\"deck 1 get beat\" type=\"transparent\">
<pos x=\"318\" y=\"180\"/>
<size width=\"155\" height=\"155\"/>
<down x=\"662\" y=\"2295\"/>
<clipmask x=\"506\" y=\"2295\"/>
</visual>

<visual pannel=\"Visual_None\" source=\"nothing\">
<pos x=\"318\" y=\"180\"/>
<clipmask x=\"506\" y=\"2295\"/>
</visual>

--- Needle rotation ---
<visual source=\"deck 1 get rotation\" type=\"rotation\">
<pos x=\"765\" y=\"2548\"/>
<down x=\"0\" y=\"1123\"/>
<mask x=\"156\" y=\"1123\"/>
<clipmask x=\"974\" y=\"2295\"/>
</visual>

Where it says \"Visual pannel\" (the group above \"Needle Rotation) I dont have a number and Zanard does........where did you get that # from?? Also when I right click on the group above where it says \"Needle rotation\" it doesnt give me the option of picking the image for the \"Down\" part of that element..........if this cant be easily explain tell me I\'m out of my mind and should quit now, lmao!! Big props to all skinners but where the hell did you learn to do it at??
As you can see I have laid the Plastikman Logo on the turntable but the needle still shows up which is why I wanna know why just laying the picture where the needle image is wont work??

Thanks for your time
Huey

P.S.
@JeremK, I think I did something wrong or deleted or misplaced the KEY but I dont know what happened to it cause now the skin creater is telling me to pay again??

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 7:36 pm
Visual pannels can have either numbers or words - it was only added in Version 6. So that isnt an issue.

The down image needs to be done in the "needle rotation" section as this is the bit that spins. you will also have to do the mask and clipmask for your new image. Without being in front of it, its quite difficult to explain.

About your key i suggest PMing JeremK :)

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 8:02 pm
@beatbreaker1 that looks cool dude...
and actually thats how started learning about skins messing around with the xml and bmp =)

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 8:20 pm
@DJTouchDan
What do you mean "you will also have to do the mask and clipmask for your new image." When I right click and select pick my DOWN or MASK or CLIPMASK and move the pink box over the new image, I double click but nothing changes (size/withd, all that jazz). Well the only part that changes is "Pos X and Y, the down, mask, or clipmask numbers dont change?? I would think think because I'm changing the position of them that the numbers would change but they dont.......... Any skin makers live close to IOWA??? So how did you guys learn to do this??

Thanks
Huey

P.S.
@DJTouchDan does the "Visual Pannel" part even have anything to do with what I'm trying to do here??

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 8:24 pm
When you double click on the image it will only always change the POS and SIZE. What you need to do is highlight the down image to the same size and the platter. Then if you delete the "x=XX Y=XX' but leave "<down" - right click the pink highlighted section and click insert position - That should do it.

The mask and clipmask are the black and white bits on the BMP that tell the skin what parts of the down image should be shown or be transparent. If your new slipmat (down image) is the same size and shape as the old one you might not need to change them.

How did i learn it?? - i basically looked at the XML for the deafult skin to start with. Learn that - thats the basics. When i first started there was no Skin Creator Tool - just Notepad to edit the XML and no visual idea of what your doing. Respect to JeremK for creating a masterpiece with the Skin Creator.

The Visual Pannel is just a pannel and providing your not changing the position of the slipmat then you can leave it as it is.

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 8:54 pm
@DJTouchDan
Now were getting some where!!! Right on bro!!

Ok heres what I got,

and heres what the slipmat should look like,

can you or someone tell me where I'm going wrong?? I mean its showing up and spinning but shouldnt it look like the orignal??

Thanks for all the help and tips so far guys its paying off!! Yeah I'm excited!! Lmao!
Huey

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 10:35 pm
71%