Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Overlaping, Distortion! VDJ 3.0 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Did you try changing the soundcard slots phisically inside the pc? Since you're out of solution, I would try that. What about soundcard drivers, did you update those?

I'm also out of ideas here.

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 12:02 am

Looking at your original post again...
Just out of curiosity...

Do you have limiter ON and autogain set to always zero, in VDJ settings?
Can also cause "distortion" in sound... Might not be the issue here, but you said it helped if you lowered volume

Try a cheap usb soundcard.. If that helps, the issue you have is related to your Soundblaster soundcard

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 11:09 am
no the limiter is off and gain is set to always match..
by the way you are getting me wrong Dj-in-norway, the problem goes off when i just move any slider on the active desk...its like this... i get the cracking sound suddenly...and then if i just move any slider..maybe the pitch, or gain, or evn nudge or scratch, after that its gone...and then after a few minutes..it again appears...so bugging...i even change slots physically...
im really lost here

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 2:37 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To be honest, this is what also happens to me, but only when I use TK Filters. So when I engage this plugin, and move around it, it filters the track normally, and when I stop moving the "red dot" (while the plugin still enabled) after a second or so, the crackling sound arises. When I move the the 'dot' again, it goes away (it's repeatable).

It might be the same problem, but it only happens to me while using this filter.

Can you provide a short audio sample, so we can here it? I'll record one with filters later this afternoon.

erXon

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 3:07 pm
Ok...i downloaded some older drivers for my soundcard and installed it...guess what its gone!
its perfect now..only thing is im running on older drivers...as long as its working fine i dont have any problem....
thanks for all the support everyone! im so greatful to all...
thanks again...
btw erxon, try downloading newer drivers for the soundcard (or maybe older one like i did)
or maybe u can try downloading a newer version of the tk filter...
thanks again...will be posting if the problem arises again..(hope not!)
Mix oN!
DJ Aditya.

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 4:10 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Right... the newest drivers are not always the best. But nobody can say this for VDJ ;)

Dj Nikki

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 4:13 pm
Thats right...the problem is always with the system not the software...
thanks..

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 4:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)