Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Overlaping, Distortion! VDJ 3.0 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have VDJ 3.0 and there is jarring/distortion and overlapping of music suddenly without doing anything. and this continues till the next song is loaded or till i adjust the volume, or nudge the track, or do something with the playback controls like pitch etc etc...
this is very annoying and it embarassed me in front of the whole crowd at a party at which i was playing. it didnt happen wit the older VDJ 2.xx i just upgraded two days back..and this problem exist eversince....
This problem keeps happening say every minute...
i read the FAQ and changed the reactivity to medium, i dunno if it has solved the problem.
Any thoughts please?
I even upgraded my video card drivers, i couldnt find any new drivers for my sound card, and my diretx version is a latest one, 9.0c.

My PC config:
PIV 1.6 gHz
512 mb RAM
Soundblaster PCI128
please be open to comments, as i know that my pc is low on config compared to the other vdj users.
HELP ME PLEASE!

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 11:36 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Just by chance have these tracks been scanned in vdj yet?

Sometimes if you disable the auto bpm in the general settings it will go away.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 12:38 pm
yeah they'r scanned...but exactly do you mean by scanning Cyderhouse? i changed the reactivity to medium..it seems to be alright now.
but i really don think my pc that badly cofigured for not running smoothly on "Fast" Reactivity!
more thoughts are well appreciated. thanks!

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 3:22 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You're right about about configuration: with my 1Ghz & 384 RAM it runs smoothly on FAST reactivity (no crackling sounds etc.). But I really don't know an answer to your problem.

By 'scanned' he means analized. The problem is not there, that would occour in previous version also.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 5:52 pm
ok...thanks but anyone have a solution to the problem? please tell me.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 6:57 pm
Ok i found out that its a conflict between my soundcard and graphics card (Geforce FX 5200)
cos when the distortion (cracking) sound came again, i closed the video window and it was ok. but i keeps coming cos theres graphics on the waveform right...
anyone know how to solve this conflict... maybe change IRQ? or maybe lower the Hardware acceleration..i'll try..
thoughts are most welcome!

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 7:29 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
try to disable wirte combining.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 7:30 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@djaditya: I also have a FX5200 and I have troubles with video in VDJ. At present I haven't found a solution ... except getting rid of that basical card. I expect to do it one day.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:37 pm
hey guys.. i still couldnt figure out whats wrong with my vdj. theres still that distorting annoying crackling noise and overlapping( as if the overloop effect was turned on along with Dusty noise and flipping doubles all going at once!!!)
im so sad :(
pleaease help me.
i just bought VDJ a week ago and its so sad.
the older version was alright.
please help me everyone who can spare their one minute to help another dj.
thanks

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 6:40 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe I'm wrong ...
It seems to be an IRQ conflict.
Did yu check your config (IRQ / DMA ...). If it's really a problem of IRQ it's not always easy to soluce.

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 10:51 pm
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dude, downgrade to version 2.04 if it worked beautifully for you. If you are not using video, stay with that version until you get a new PC/decide to use video. I know it's not a perfect solution, but, in the end, all that matters is what's coming out of the speaker, and ain't sounding good at the moment.

Anyway, that's what I am doing because the new features of 3.0 are of no use to me right now. Contact e-service to get the download for 2.04.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 7:56 am
BishPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all. Just thought I would join the 'I got a crap geforce 5200fx video card' club as well. I haven't even started working with the video aspect as I am still having issues with the sound. Although the video aspect sounds cool, bottom line I would love a good sounding mixing program.

Could anyone let me know what features would be missed in between versions as I am contemplating a rollback for reliabilities sake.

BISH

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 1:21 pm
yea. downgrading seems to be the best thing to do. which version should i downgrade to and no i dont need video at the moment. thanks all!

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 1:58 pm
well..

first of all version 3.0 is NOT all about video!

There are a complete new sound/audio engine for better stability!
Better CPU usage for smoother audio play
Bug fixes for audio scratch....
... and more :)

downgrading to earlier versions IS NOT a good idea.. Vdj3.0 is better and more stable for audio use

:)

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 2:01 pm
so what do i do dj-in-norway? i see that both my audio and video cards are on the same irq.
if i set the reactivity to medium, its better, but i still dont understand cos i rarely use video, and still theres cracking even without video.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 2:05 pm
you need to change the IRQ for one of the cards...

Soundcard and graphic card sharing IRQ can be a problem

go to device manager in Windows control panel, and choose "deactivate" the soundcard
Then "activate" it agan, and if you are lucky, the soundcard will be asigned to different IRQ

If that does not work, move soundcard to different PCI slot of the PC

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 2:46 pm
gonna try that dj.
thanks dude!

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 3:06 pm
I Just switched the PCI slots with my Internal Modem, and the IRQ did change! i was happy! but i started VDJ...
and... :(
:(
:(
sob...
its still the same!
HELP! :()
someone!
what do i do?
i cant go do a gig now!
sob

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 5:50 pm
Try this link:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=1180&page=1

if even that won't help, try to do a clean installation of windowsXP.
When you are finished, make a ghost-image of your fresh-installed harddrive -> when your windowsXP is messed-up again, you can restore your pc in 5 minutes using the ghost-image.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 6:08 pm
Thanks CannonBall..but i have tried most of it... Im just gonna wait to buy my new PC!
If thats quite long from now, then i will reinstall windows. Something tells me its a Soundcard problem... i really have that feeling. All though i dunno how to check.
i Dont even have the latest drivers for my soundcard. Its not available... i think im gonna get a new one first...or try it on my friends pc...lets see...thanks for the valuable suggestions.
More thoughts are welcome.
DJ Aditya

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 6:57 pm
74%