Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Question for Premium Members

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am debating on updating to premium membership but I wanted to ask about Grooveshark. Have you been able to find all the songs you wanted without a problem? How are they with getting new songs up?

Let me know so I know if I should or should not upgrade. I already want to because I have found songs I can't find on iTunes. Please let me know your experience.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 12:46 am
Not many premium members I see, oh well, I'll just jump into it and test it out.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 3:55 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
It is not just the songs. They claim to support users who contribute to the software (skins, etc). So even if you don't find everything in netsearch (you should own most of your library anyway). Use it for the rare stuff and support this software's advancement buy encouraging users to do more.

Glad to see you gave it a chance, hopefully more will.

Posted Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 7:36 pm
With the PRO version, you can TRY the grooveshark service to see what would be populated/ recommended (playback is only 30s per song).

Is it worth it the membership? I'd have to get back to you on that. I'm trying it now, and I'm finding that it lacks 2x VERY important features"

1. It recommends songs, but doesn't say if you already have them in your music database. It only shows what's on Grooveshark for streaming.

2. It does not appear to have any filter to show CLEAN LYRICS results. I was shocked to hear a lot of explicit lyrics, when I know there are clean radio edits available.

I will post these points in a new thread to see if I can get some clarity on it.

Posted Fri 09 Mar 12 @ 9:14 pm
" I already want to because I have found songs I can't find on iTunes."

Be aware that if you are doing commercial gigs, you should not be using anything downloaded from iTunes, the iTunes user agreement explicitly states that the downloads from there are not for commercial use... why programs like VDJ and Traktor spotlight iTunes is beyond me...why push something that you can't use in public ? I plan on trying out the premium membership...but need to check and make sure that the tracks downloaded from there are licensed for public use. Yeah, I know, the chance of getting caught and fined for using your tracks from iTunes is slim to none- but are you willing to pay the huge fines if you are caught? If you are just playing for yourself and your friends, then there isn't an issue... However, if you are playing for public audiences - even if you are not charging...you are taking a risk.

Posted Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 12:30 am
Can I use the free version of Virtual DJ and become a premium member to use Grooveshark by paying the 9.99 a month?

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 9:00 am
Yes, but bear in mind the songs are DRM and only play in VDJ while subscribed.

Keith

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 2:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)