Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need another vob extractor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I'm looking for a vob per chapter extractor that is not smartripper. I've found that smartripper introduces 340 ms of delay between the audio and video and there is no way to fix it or adjust it.

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 9:48 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Try DVD Shrink, you can even compress the vob files, with good results because its designed to copy dvd9 to dvd5 discs,
easy of use and free.

use "re-author" option for chapters

btw, how to change the order (priority) for installed decoders ?
Thats a question from another topic...

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 1:34 am
DVD shrink is the same as smart ripper maybe a little worse. Why does this have to be so hard, all I want is a 1 to 1 copy per chapter vob file with synced audio and video. I guess it doesn't exist its a real shame. I don't want to compress them and wait 10 hours per disc when I don't need to.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 3:08 am
extract the tracks to separate images at full res using imTOO DVD ripper, then convert using TMPGEnc (with help from DVD2AVI).. Check doom9.net on tutorials and howtos

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 10:22 am
you guys arn't getting it, I want a 1:1 copy (no conversion) (no compression) Just a direct copy with vob's per chapter. Without the a/v sync issues

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 11:05 am
cyder-any more luck finding a 1/1 vob extractor ?

John

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 12:03 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 12:15 am
cheers nikki, I'll check it out. Does it rip reducing the quality ?

john

:-)

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 12:36 am
The delay is built into the vob files themselfs, there is no way to fix it unless you have a program that will look at the ifo file and make adjustments.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 1:52 am
I need a ripping solution as well. Ill try the vstrip program. If anyone can give any advice as to how to use it, please help.

Killabee44

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 4:04 am
@john london
Riping does not reduce the quality. What you have on dvd, you have on HD after riping. The same file with the same quality.

@Killabee44
Contact me by msn. I can help you. It is very simple to use it.

Dj Nikki

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 1:08 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i believe dvddecrypter will rip straight to files(vobs) no compresion and you might what to hurry and grab that now since, the creater of the app. has been ask to stop future version or support. (the main webpage is gone) you will need to find it on a mirror, so its only a matter of time before all download location are stopped. rumor has it that a company was involved in this stoppage.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 6:28 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
If the delay is in the .vob files themselves then that means you get the delay even if playing it on a DVD player, right?
If that's the case, then after ripping the vobs to your HDD, you can use VirtualDub in combination with AVISynth to fix the delay and you can convert to another format at the same time. Those tools are a bit cryptic and unfriendly to use, but if you are from a UNIX background like me then they do make sense and are very powerful for this type of thing.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 7:36 pm
VirtualDub? Yes, it is the best for do all kinds of repairing/modifing videos. I use it regularly.

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 7:40 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Cyder,

I use CLONEDVD and it have the option to COPY like DVD in the harddisk. Not an image (wich it's an option too) It will copy the DVD into your harddisk. It only copies like it was the real dvd, you can erase chapters later. But you need to decode the vobs so the computer is able to read it.

You need a DVD copier with decoder instead.

acw_dj

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 6:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)