Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Novation Launchpad Mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello world.

I need some help getting my Launchpad to work with VDJ 6. I can get the midi to control VDJ, but I have had no luck with the LEDs. I know it has something to do with the definition and mapper, but the launchpad does not use the sysex standard. I use notes currently to set up mappings. For example: <button note="0-0", action="deck 1 play_button" /> (Could be syntax errors, I just did this off memory)

Which is fine, but the thing with the LEDS, is you have to give it a specific value, which is dependent upon bits in some bytes being sent. The values are not just on and off, the led can display Green, Red, or and Amber colour, when blended. I have been having some trouble for some time now to get this to work. Any help would be nice.

Also using miditrace, when I send B0 00 7F, all leds are turned on. This is a manufacturing message to light up all the leds, but messages are sent in this format. This was learned from the programmers reference. Is there a way to send a series of bytes in this way to the launchpad in VDJ?

Thanks,

-Kodie

Posted Mon 17 May 10 @ 5:02 pm
Have you had any luck with this? I have a Novation Launchpad as well and I am struggling in setting this thing up correctly. Thanks for the thread.

Posted Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 2:11 pm
Hi, i have a basic mapper, bit of a draft version, but for whatever reason they haven't put it on the vdj website yet.

I can send you a copy though, to get you started.

Just post a message here if you like.

Posted Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 12:17 pm
I would greatly appreciate your map file, I'm trying to set up my APC20 similarly and it's a huge nightmare. Some reference would probably help.

If you could upload it to zippyshare or something similar I would be grateful :)

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 8:59 pm

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 2:25 am

Posted Wed 18 May 11 @ 6:00 pm
dmsuperman wrote :
I would greatly appreciate your map file, I'm trying to set up my APC20 similarly and it's a huge nightmare. Some reference would probably help.

If you could upload it to zippyshare or something similar I would be grateful :)

If you follow this thread it may help you. I've been having the same problems with my APC20, and needless to say when I get it mapped I'll upload it so others don't have the same issues... it's a pain haha. I'm very close to getting it, just a minor issue now as you'll see in that thread at the bottom.

-dxb

Posted Sat 28 May 11 @ 8:00 pm
djilayHome userMember since 2004
send me a copy please

Posted Fri 21 Oct 11 @ 1:06 pm

Posted Fri 21 Oct 11 @ 1:33 pm
Hi there, I've written this up tonight feel free to use, comment share ect..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="Launchpad" author="Novation" description="Novation Launchpad" version="705" date="01/08/2015">

</mapper>

Moderation : Mapping file content has been removed. Please do not share content that s not available to unlicensed users. If you need to share your creation, please upload the files and let the Team to review and approve for downloading.

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 6:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)