Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: TCmania 2 Decks [New update ver 2.3] - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Thank you! This is an excellent skin and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Posted Tue 18 May 10 @ 4:40 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
An update (TCmania ver 1.1) is ready

Ver 1.1
1. Added audio mixer pannel as requested. No space for EQ-crossfader unfortunatelly.
Screenshot

There is a lock button, which has nothing to do with link video crossfader. When you activate this button, you simply lock the crossfader, so you wont accidently move it with your mouse. It still works with midi crossfader. You may see crossfader moving but you cant move it with mouse. There is also a 50% crossfader button, to quickly move the crossfader in the middle.

2. Added 2 more rhythm pannels (1 with video on & 1 with video off)
Screenshot

Ha ha .... It was very difficult. Rhythm off. Just in case you want to excercise your ears and rest your eyes. Allways usefull.

3. Corrected adjust CBG. Now it adjusts 10% for more accuracy

4. Corrected fonts in skin. Now they should appear properly even on Mac.

It will uploaded tommorow
So if anybody has any suggestions please post here until tommorow.

Thanks

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 6:49 pm
Hello. looks nice the new 1.1. Have you uploded it ?

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 4:35 am
thanks.. not yet.. i am waiting feedback from a Mac beta tester. ... Soon.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 7:48 am
Hi, I will test the mac skin tonight, my mum has been taken in to hospital so I haven't had a chance. Keith.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 7:58 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Hi, I will test the mac skin tonight, my mum has been taken in to hospital so I haven't had a chance. Keith.

ooo.. too bad to hear. Wish you everything goes well..take your time mate.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 10:56 am
Hi,

1920 x 1200 both Windows & Mac, Key & gain buttons go a bit strange when rotated, not sure if this has been fixed in 1.1

Keith

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 11:42 am
Mac version only, 1920 x 1200, text is incorrect in the pannel selector & main window.

As discussed before, Mac defaults to a larger font if the one specified in the XML doesn't exist. Not sure what the issue is with the pannel selector as it doesn't seem a font name is specified in the XML?

Is there a way the install file for the mac could install the relevant Windows font as well, I know it can be added manually but this would be a universal solution for everyone?

Keith

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 11:49 am
P.S. for the pannel selector, not sure if you could use the tabbed approach that Matt has used in Vmix 5.4?

The main areas change with the tabs and the rhythm window changes 1,2,3 as the button is pressed.

Keith

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 12:19 pm
Ok, i will fix rotate knobs and fonts for mac version.
About the pannels selectors... There are many ways to make pannels change. Multibutton is one of them. You have to make two moves, but still you dont change pannels often during a gig so... anyway i may find another way in next update.
Thanks for the feedback.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 12:30 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Hi,

1920 x 1200 both Windows & Mac, Key & gain buttons go a bit strange when rotated, not sure if this has been fixed in 1.1

Keith

Is this happeing also to the Fx parametrs knobs too? and all the other round knobs in the audio pannel mixer?

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 12:33 pm
Hi djdad,

Just downloaded V1.1 from Rapidshare.

Something strange going on, the buttons are now working correctly and the browser text is smaller which is better .... however all the BMP's now appear stretched. In the 1.o version the graphics are crystal clear but not any more!

V1.0

V1.1

I have the same issue testing Dan's black sheep in 1920 x 1200 where it all appears stretched.

Keith

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 3:26 pm
P.S.

1920 x 1200 is the only size affected by this, I have compared the other resolutions between V1.0 & 1.1 and they are all the same apart from the biggest one.

Happens in both Windows and Mac

Keith

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 3:33 pm
Yes i know. In beta i resized with the Resize Tool. In the 1.0 ver which was released, i resized from the original graphic software i use. The graphics will be great again in ver 1.1 when will be released.

But still i want a confirmations about the font size. Is the problem solved? If not please try modifying one of the textzones (especially Ellepsed and Remain time) and tell me what size fits better.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 4:43 pm
No, the text is still large on the Mac side.

I'm off to bed now but will have another look tomorrow and try some mods on the XML when I get home from work. Would you also like me to look at alternative native mac fonts that could be changed in the XML of the mac version only?

Keith

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 4:52 pm
Yes that would be usefull, as long as they have similar appearence.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 5:03 pm
and while waiting for my personnal Mac Beta Tester ..lol... i found little time to add a dayversion of TCmania. Allways usefull for beach bars etc.
Ugly but works well.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 5:06 pm
Hi djdad,

Thanks for sending the modified XML for mac, it seems number 1 is better. I have posted screenshots below for comparison.

I've given the skin a thorough test this morning and it works great!

Keith

XML Version 1

XML Version 2

Posted Sat 29 May 10 @ 2:36 am
For anyone on 1920 x 1200, the amount of space in the browser area is fantastic, and this is not even the full width!

I also love the way the track progress bar flashes faster near the end of the song .... very nice!

Posted Sat 29 May 10 @ 2:51 am
Hi,

Just noticed the EQ knobs in the mixer pannel are red on both sides instead of red and green.

Keith

Posted Sat 29 May 10 @ 4:26 am
50%