Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video flickering

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

Just built another PC and when playing karaoke or video tracks, the screen intermitantly flickers both on the main PC monitor preview window, and on the external TV screen. When playing a music track, and the video is still activated, I get a strobe effect on the screen. The only way to stop it is to uncheck the 'activate' box in the video tab in the configuration.

The graphic card spec is:-
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR2 128 Bit PCI-E2.0 x16

The PC spec is:-
AMD X3 CPU 2.9Ghz
4GB DDR3 1600 RAM
GIGABYTE MA770T-UD3 MOBO

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Fri 07 May 10 @ 5:24 am
I would try and play with your video card settings.. having both monitors flicker tells me your video card is having trouble rendering something.

What is the video card set at for resolutions for monitor 1 & monitor 2?

Posted Fri 07 May 10 @ 9:41 am
Hi,

My monitor is at 1280 by 1024.

And the tv out is at 1024 by 768.

If I turn the 'Use hardware acceleration' option off in the config, the strobe affect goes off, until I turn it back on.

I'm totally lost at the moment, as my last video card worked perfectly ok, and I wish I'd never changed the damn thing...:-(

Posted Fri 07 May 10 @ 11:18 am
from
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/123973/PC_Version_Technical_Support/2010_Video_Card_List_(please_add_your_video_card).html

the 9600GT video card is said to be stable.. (in all OS configs)

1024 X 768 is an OK resolution for S-video..
(are you using an S-video or Composite for the TV out)?

I'm still thinking its a conflicting setting in your video card setup..
I would start there..

are you using 64 bit or 32 bit windows 7 or Vista?
Have you optimized your computer for speed? (IE: disable "Aero" etc)

Posted Fri 07 May 10 @ 11:49 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

9600GT DDR3 is stable, this DDR2 could get just this issues because of memory speed. My advice, If nothing else work (to have more performance), change this videocard.

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 11:54 am
acw_dj wrote :

this DDR2 could get just this issues because of memory speed.

that never made sense to me.. both of my video cards are DDR2..

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 10:01 pm
Hi,

Many thanks for your help in trying to solve this problem.

In the end I found out that the problem was the fact I have a PCI wireless Network adaptor installed, along with my PCI-E graphic card.

When it's connected to a network, the software runs perfectly ok, BUT when it's not, and it is continually searching for available networks, it throws up the video flickering. After I turn off the adaptor everything works fine again.

Posted Tue 11 May 10 @ 3:23 am
interesting. thanks for responding!

Posted Tue 11 May 10 @ 9:23 am
hi there

when I run vdj 8 its fine for a while but then the video screen flashes from tv to pc and wont go away I have to shout vdj down and start again any help guys

thanks

rod

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 8:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)