Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: CONDENSED v1.5 - The Capable Skin for Every Resolution - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Absolutely - it will work fine, and I don't see any *simple* enhancements that need to be made to take advantage of new features of V7 right off the bat.

That being said, there are a LOT of new things introduced in version 7 that are cool and grant skinners new capabilities. I am very interested in implementing some of those things in a skin, but it will not be CONDENSED - the point of condensed was to make a skin that is minimalistic, compact, runs well on netbooks, etc.

I am considering how I could make a descendant of CONDENSED that packs a lot more functionality in and supports four decks (maybe even more, somehow). In order to do this, I will have to ditch the 800 pixel skins (does anyone actually use them?) and make every other version a bit more pixel dense and thus the elements will look smaller to fit more on the screen.

So... for instance on a 1680 pixel monitor, load the 1440 skin and imagine me adding new controls, decks, etc. to the side past the edges of the skin.

We'll see. To be honest, I haven't even so much as started a crude design draft of a new skin yet, even though I have been aware of V7 for months. I simply don't have the time to devote to such a project at the moment.

Someday soon I will be an unemployed bum again, and those are my favorite times to create new skins. So we shall see :)

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 2:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just add the new Filter, basic new feature i would say

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 3:21 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Did you even try it before you asked??
Yes v6 skins work with v7.

Huey

I was no where near my PC and some skins from 4 and 5 did not play well w/ 6 - and may cause a 'gotcha' if the underlying code or script changed.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 3:29 pm
djdad wrote :
Just add the new Filter, basic new feature i would say

Thanks for the tip DJDad - I'll check that out when I get some time!

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 4:26 pm

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 2:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)