Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: CONDENSED v1.5 - The Capable Skin for Every Resolution - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks!

I use my DAC-3 to cycle through the samples and then play.

Hey.... here is an idea. What about in the track listing field? Could you show the current sample 'read only' there?

Just find a tiny place to put a sample record button (hopefully) and that would be perfect. :)

Posted Thu 01 Jul 10 @ 1:39 pm
Used it today on my 1680x1050 screen. Great job!

Gots me spoiled now. :)

Just need my sampler back. :)

Posted Sat 03 Jul 10 @ 11:32 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Perhaps you could just make a tweak to the XML yourself and add that in -- if you don't need the comment info, you could replace the comment text with %mainsample and the rightclick action with record.

It's not perfect, but it will get you though until I get around to adding something for you.

Check the following example. Do the same with deck 2, except replace the "rightclick="deck 1 sampler rec" with "deck 2 sampler rec".

--Song Comment
<textzone deck="1" rightclick="deck 1 sampler rec">
<size width="272" height="14"/>
<pos x="76" y="124"/>
<text font="Arial" size="14" color="#BBBBBB" align="left" format="%mainsample"/>
</textzone>

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 2:40 am
Thanks!

I tried that on my 1280x1024 but then realized what you made was for the 1080x1050.

What would I use for the following?

1280x1024

1024x768

Again, your skin is awesome!

Posted Tue 06 Jul 10 @ 8:51 am
Sorry to bug you but your skin has a bug. When you unload a video, the image stays around on the mini preview window.

Otherwise, I am loving this skin.

Posted Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 10:50 pm
ewitles wrote :
Sorry to bug you but your skin has a bug. When you unload a video, the image stays around on the mini preview window.

Otherwise, I am loving this skin.

It does that on all the skins I've ever used. The video stops but the last frame stays.............when I click on it, it dissapears.

Huey

Posted Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 11:17 pm
ewitles wrote :

Yeah, I don't think there's much that I can do... the video preview elements are really simple, so I doubt it's actually a bug 'in the skin', but probably a little glitch in VirtualDJ itself :-/

Posted Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 3:37 am
same here...

Posted Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 4:32 am
First off thanks for the great visual candy. Not sure if this is a VDJ bug or specific to your skin, but I am running 2 monitors through an onboard ati video card (1 dvi, 1 analog) in windows XP SP3, using 2bg ram. Video is disabled as I only use VDJ for audio. When fully maximizing the skin to either 1920 skin (monitor 1) or 1680 (monitor 2) to fit the entire window (on either screen) the CPU takes a massive hit and makes the PC permanently laggy. If I go back to non-maximized (resizable) where I can still drag the window around to wherever on either screen, this behavior goes away. Any ideas? Thanks again, Dave

Posted Wed 11 Aug 10 @ 5:54 am
Tanks for your feedback!

I can't see this being related to the skin... I remember that in the past VDJ had some issues with using fullscreen. Does this happen with other skins as well?

BTW, I don't think that VDJ is ever really "resizeable" other than that it stretches it to fit the screen. Of course with condensed, you can just pick the skin that perfectly fits your monitor anyways... So you don't really have to ever "maximize" the skin - just choose the version for your resolution.

One problem that I noticed (on many computers) is that minimizing VDJ causes a brief audio dropout. Again, this isn't related to the skin itself.

Posted Wed 11 Aug 10 @ 7:23 am
Oh, by the way, all versions of CONDENSED have received a minor update for users of NetSearch.
There is now a status message displayed under the right hand effects selector, and the icons for netsearch results have been enhanced to make them more distinguishable from each other (to tell the difference between premium content, videos, and downloading tracks, for instance).

Posted Wed 11 Aug 10 @ 3:15 pm
Any chance of updating the large screen versions to use slightly smaller fonts as to gain more room for the browser?

I was thinking on the lines of the 1024x768 way.

In fact, any updates or improvements? :)

Posted Tue 31 Aug 10 @ 9:16 am
It's pretty trivial for a user like yourself to change the font sizes for the browser just by editing it in the XML file, so if that's all you are looking for just extract the XML and BMP that you use from the zip file and open the XML in a text editor

Pretty close to the top of the skin xml there is the browser text like:

<browser>
<size width="795" height="258"/>
<pos x="2" y="220"/>
<text font="Segoe" size="10" <-- edit this size="" to a suitable size.

TBH, I wish VDJ would allow the user to adjust this from the interface of VDJ itself - there's no good reason for it to merely be hardcoded into the skin.

Anyways, I am not planning on doing any major updates because in a while VDJ 7 will be released and it will incorporate major skin engine changes, so it doesn't make sense for me to put a lot of effort into anything until those are finalized - then I can offer a skin with even more features and VDJ goodness :)

Posted Tue 31 Aug 10 @ 9:19 am
djrxmxPRO InfinityMember since 2010
So far, this is my favorite skin. Great job.

Btw, I'm curious why you chose to not incorporate a "smart_que" lock (VDJ default skin) into the Condensed skin version.

Posted Tue 31 Aug 10 @ 10:49 am
Thanks for the comment.

Personally I never use the smart cue, and think it's a bit useles... but perhaps I could consider it. Any ideas where it might fit?

To be honest, I think the next version of the skin might sacrifice netbook compatibility and make everything a bit smaller in order to fit in more features - in other words it'll be less minimalistic, more along the lines of VideoVision, which got a little nuts with the features it had in the end.

Posted Tue 31 Aug 10 @ 11:00 am
djrxmxPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi again.

I have attached here a pic of where a "smart_que" Lock might be placed in the next version of your skin.
The Smart Que feature; I personally like it because of its ability to incorporate into the consistent tempo of the music as you listen to playback, for a lack of better words. It has the Looping sound quality to it, without applying a loop, would be another way I describe it.

Posted Tue 31 Aug 10 @ 6:14 pm
I don't really like that position because it doesn't illustrate its relevance to cue... but I was thinking that I could make a narrow region above the cue/stop/play/sync buttons where I could put new buttons for alternative functions.

ie. Cue could have a smartcue lock, stop could have eject, play could have a mode switch (Pioneer/Numark), sync could have a switch to change the behavior of sync (although it escapes me at the moment what how different modes of operation could work).

It's looking like the next version of this skin might not be so... condensed.

Posted Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 3:28 am
Heh... my very first attempt at skinning was a modification of DeeKay Ken's VinylVideo skin (which looked like the first version of Traktor) where I used up some of the blank space for new features and I called it "VinylVideo Extended Mix".

Unfortunately it didn't get approved because it looked too much like a competing product, or something.

Unfortunately, I don't really have so much blank space to use here - I've been pretty adamant about ensuring that every pixel has a purpose or some sort... the next skin will probably be an entirely new skin (with some of the graphics that I like recycled), because adding almost anything to this one would be pretty difficult...

Posted Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 4:11 am
Hey bro -

Is your skins V7 compliant (minus the extra decks)?

In other words, can I still continue to use your skins w/o issue?

Now, I can only need a 4 deck - and yours is the perfect to make it happen.

And with that, don't think the sampler will be needed since I longed for a 3rd deck.

That will look major awesomeness on my 1680x1050 display.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 1:41 pm
Did you even try it before you asked??
Yes v6 skins work with v7.

Huey

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 1:46 pm
89%