Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Quiet DJ at work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so not really a big deal but it sure was kool.

Last night I had my gig and finally got to use the headphones and was able to hear what the next request was so I could see if it was a slow song after another slow song or what kind of beat it had for dancing. Since I am "older" my knowledge of current artists is limited. So it was always a problem for me to be able to listen to a song before it played to see if it was the right song for the moment. Now I can listen to one turntable and play another for the crowd.

Most of you who read this will say "hey what's the big deal? I have been doing that for years". Well I have not had the luxury of doing it at all. Since doing this for only 12 years and mostly weekly or daily karaoke shows with several weddings, birthdays, party parties etc thrown in, the actual need to do DJ work was limited to about 10 times a year. So no major investment was needed but I always wanted to be able to do the DJ work with a little bit more professionalism and now I can thanks to a Laptop, Maya44, 160 Gig harddrive and of course VDJ. (oh yea I still had my mixer - karaoke (cd) player and speakers etc)

NOW FOR A SCARE! After I first got setup and was playing some songs the sound began to get bad. It was like the turntable skipped and then repeated part of the song. It was so bad that someone ask me what I was doing. Fortunately I brought along a couple of cd's but was worried that the whole night was going to be like that. It seemed like when I would search that this would happen but it might have been if I used any resources in Windows. I rebooted and made sure all of my programs were closed and started the Maya44 software and then the VDJ and it worked fine the rest of the night. Since I have 512 meg ram with 40 gig H.D. (30 gig still available) and 2.x processor with my Sony Vaio laptop I have never had any problems with VDJ before. That was a scary part of the evening and would like to know if there are skipping issues that I need to address. Ok enough for now!

Off to look at lighting and new speakers.

Oldie but Goodie
djkaraok

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 12:53 am
Looks like you have a problem with your maya44 drivers.
Did you changed anything in the driver settings?

Be sure to upgrade to the latest v2.5 driver if you haven't done so already.

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 1:01 am
I did not change anything in VDJ or my Maya44 drivers. The weird thing was that it started out doing the skipping and then after I re-booted it quit. I still never felt comfortable all night though. The 2.5 version of Maya driver should be the one that I am using since I just bought it 2 weeks ago.

Did they make a change since then? I will check my version and make sure it is v2.5.

Thanks for the read.

Oldie but Goodie
djkaraok

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 11:30 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 3:22 am
Thanks for the info. I checked and the latest drivers for Maya44 were dated 2004. Since I bought it in May 2005 I have the latest drivers.

Oldie but Goodie
djkaraok

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 10:05 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
No that's not true. I also bought a maya recently and the drivers in the cd was 2.5 i think.
Download from the website to be sure.

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 3:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)