Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: i need help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey i know this question has nothing 2 do with virtual dj but i can't use virtual if don't get it fix. ok today outta nowhere my cooler fan stop spinning can any1 help me fix it. i took the computer apart and check the fan and i notice when i push in the fan it spins but its not all the way cause it hits the outter edges. any suggestions thanks
DJHaPpEe

Posted Wed 25 May 05 @ 10:57 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you fan is blocked there is only one solution: get another one. (not expensive)
I hope this is not the case.

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 8:27 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
or you can unscrew it and open it. put some oil into the hole where is bearing and try to rotate it manualy. then plug in on power and wait till it has it's real turnings as before. then screw it again into computer. it shuld work at least 6 months.
you can use car oil. i did the same with mine desktop's computer fan.

Dj Nikki

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 12:58 pm
"when i push in the fan it spins but its not all the way cause it hits the outter edges. "

you have to replace it .... it could not rotate because of dirt and/or lack of oil/vaseline
because of this it get hot and now is not cetered so that's why it touches the outer edges

I saw it few times while was working at computer shop service

I recommend you the fans that have ball bearing not the sleeve bearing, they last for more.

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 1:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)