Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: VDJ - Locking UP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Running v4.3

Plugins that tend to lock up or freeze virtual DJ.

Vocals+
Slide Show
Backdrop
...and on occaision Text or Text2D

I am running VDJ on a dedicated computer.

I've experience occaisional issues from time to time, but last nites frustrations went way over the top.

Vocals+ was the only plugin I used and I had to reboot the system several times until I was finally able to use VDJ properly.

Never felt confident that VDJ would remain stable.

Are there known issues with the Vocals+ plugin?

Is there a way to check to ensure the CPU is configured correctly?

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 1:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Sounds like you have issues somewhere else I'm afraid.

In any case, please don't crosspost the same thread in multiple sections...

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 2:28 pm
Why are you running an older version? I'm not that tech savy but maybe tell us your system specs and soemone I'm sure will chime in here. Are you able to reproduce the issue? Sorry I couldnt be more help.
Huey

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 2:29 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Why are you running an older version? I'm not that tech savy but maybe tell us your system specs and soemone I'm sure will chime in here. Are you able to reproduce the issue? Sorry I couldnt be more help.
Huey

It is the version that was installed when the computer was built.

Specs:

Motherboard: Intel d975xbx2
Processor: Core 2 Duo E6600
Video Card: Nvidia Gforce 7600 GS
RAM: 3.25 gig

As for reproducing the Vocal+, slideshow and backdrop issue...

I installed VDJ on my laptop, same issue.

Tried another CPU, same issue.

When I close VDJ and restart the program it'll show a "error in sound driver"...?

The only way I was able to stabalize the system was to shut down window entirely, reboot, restart VDJ, close VDJ, save database, shut down windows entirely, then reboot, then start VDJ.

I guess 3 different systems...same issues with Vocal+, slideshow and backdrop suggests a driver/plugin conflict.

Looking for any suggestions to rid this gremlin...

-------

Currently running a stress test on the CPU, then doing a RAM test.

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 9:20 pm
I see lots of folks freakin out over the message "error in sound card". happens to me when I forget to open Vdj wth the RMX controller hooked up. The software remembers the last setting in sound configuration and the fact that its using a external sound card..the Rmx...sometimes you have to REselect the external card (under configuration Settings ) after a confusion like that, but thats all that means..Also if you shut down the system with the controller still plugged in and you switch it on you will get that as the controller's drivers etc. needs time to set itset up (on the RMX is when the lights stop blinking) then you can open Vdj so it "sees" the external card allready setup...hope this makes sense..

Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 7:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)