Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: My new skin... DSS-1 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok guys, here's my new skin:

It's my first skin for version 6. It's an AIO (All In One) skin for screen resolution 1440x900. However it's recomended only for users with an external mixer since I didn't included a software one.

On the main screen you can see:

• 6 types of waveforms. They can toggle by the three small white buttons on the left of the wave form view. Use click AND right-click on the buttons to see all six types. The three small white buttons on the right change the zoom of the waves. I didn't incude a zoom scroll bar since you can change the zoom by a mouse scrollwheel.
  • Song Info (Artist - Title - BPM - Gain - Pitch - Key(with key change knob)) with various color combinations. Clicking on the fields changes their color. BPM button functions are inverted. Normal click will open the BPM editor window
  • Elapsed AND Remain time with various colors are visible on screen at the same time. Elapsed time will blink near the end of the song...
  • 5 hotcues per song with smart cue option on/off (the small white button next to the hotcues buttons). Right click on the hotcues will set the hotcue, while holding the rightclick for more than 700ms will DELETE the hotcue.
  • Track progress waveform
  • Effect activate/Effect select/Effect parameters knobs. Right click on the fx select button will change the browser to show Audio FX plugins.
  • Sample activate/Sample select/Sample volume knob/Sample record. Right click on the sample select button will show the sampler options drop down menu.
  • Loop in-out/Smart loop (the small white button)/Quick loops (1-2-4-8 beats)/Loop half/Loop double. Right click on the loop-half/loop-double buttons will move the loop by 1 beat back and forth when the player is looping or it will skip by +/- 1 beats the audio when the player is NOT looping.
  • Cue/Play/Pause/Smart play buttons. Their actions depend on the players mode (Pioneer/Numark) which can be changed by other place on the skin.
  • Scratch jog with progress circle
  • Pitch slider/Pitch bend/Key Lock/Pitch reset/Pitch lock. Key lock button is orange, pitch reset is blue, and pitch lock is red. Clicking on the pitch bend buttons provides constant pitch bend by +/- 5% while right-clicking on them provides dynamic pitch bend.
  • Video preview windows for each player that are always visible on screen
  • Video Tansition ON/OFF / Video Transition select. Right click on on video transition select button will change the browser to show the video transitions plugins
  • Video FX ON/OFF / Video FX select. Right click on Video FX select button will change the browser to show the video fx plugins
  • Scratch waves
  • Timecodes ON/OFF / Timecode signal quality meter / Timecode signal bypass
  • Sync/Clone/Beatlock/Smart scratch
  • Scratch mode Smart/Relative/Absolut selector
  • Player vumeters and gain control knobs
  • Main video window visible at all times. Clicking on the main video window toggles video ON/OFF
  • PFL (Deck Select) buttons

Also you can see Video crossfader with auto-enable button, Audio EQ crossfaders and EQ Kill buttons on the central section of the screen. The Audio EQ crossfaders and EQ kill buttons are NOT visible at all times. They are inside a pannel.
Clicking on the "OPTIONS" button next to the browser area will bring a new pannel on the central area. In the new pannel you can find the following:

• Playlist to sidelist button
  • Remove played tracks. This button will remove the played tracks from the playlist. Right click will remove the played tracks from the sidelist
  • Relay. This button enales relay play
  • Mix Now. Normal click will perform a mix now command. Right click will perform a mix next command, while holding right-click will perform a mix next sidelist command
  • Pioneer & Numark buttons. This buttons change the play mode of the program to Numark (default) and Pioneer mode

Finally on the top area you can see a CPU meter, and a master output VU-meter. However due to a bug on VirtualDj itself the VU-meter does not work with external sound cards. Clicking on the "Master VU" text will change the master vu-meter to a master volume slider to control the master output from the program. Clicking on the "Master Vol" text will restore the vu-meter. Finally right-click on the "Master VU" OR "Master VOL" text will toggle the master volume between FULL (100%) and 25%. It's designed to be something like a "panic" button for the audio. However it does not MUTE the sound. If you believe it should mute the sound instead of dropping it down to 25% let me know.
====================================

That's all about now. I'm waiting for your impresions/suggestions/e.t.c. I'm allready planning to update the skin to V1.1 the next week with a "CUE-POINTS" pannel in the central area to allow you to edit your cue-points and some other minor additions like custom browser icons e.t.c...
Thank you!!!

====================================
Download link: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/11273/DSS-1.html (Right now it's waiting for approvement)

Posted Sat 17 Apr 10 @ 12:29 pm
sounds and looks good mate :)

Posted Sat 17 Apr 10 @ 1:42 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Phantom ... nice skin ... couple things ..

Take a look at the BPM buttons - left or right click and hold -- your 'down' element is point to a bad x,y location.

And remove the 'hover' element for your video preview windows - the area flickers 1 time when you move the mouse over top of the window. It's trying to show the x,y location of the empty video image when you move the mouse over top while a video is playing.

Other than that ... Awesome skin ... and if you don't think it will take long to fix those items then I will wait until you are done fixing before approving and making available for download.

Posted Sat 17 Apr 10 @ 8:28 pm
Thanks Criss... I'll update it within the next 30 minutes...

Edit: Updated!!!

Posted Sat 17 Apr 10 @ 10:19 pm
Looks very nice, thanks a lot.

What's about a rescan-button (for console-Users)? and a button to claer the search-file?

Greets from good old germany
Music234

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 3:39 am
I can add the rescan command on the existing BPM buttons (holding normal click will re-scan the file).
As for the clear search command it will be implemented among with a few other things on the remain space on the top bar!

Thanks!

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 5:30 am
that looks awesome =)
its good to see more skinners

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 8:09 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 10:16 am
Thanks apopsis .... been busy.

Nice skin Phantom!!

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 3:55 pm
Thanks Criss. I already have some suggestions from the Greek forum. Feel free to add yours if you like!

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 4:09 pm
DJ azenPRO InfinityMember since 2008
a 1280x800 version?.Please.

Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 11:15 am
beusy2PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Very nice skin! great job ^_^

Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 12:45 pm
HACKIDPRO InfinityMember since 2008
sorry but....

where is audio crossfader? :))))

Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 2:21 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
However it's recomended only for users with an external mixer since I didn't included a software one.

Posted Mon 19 Apr 10 @ 3:13 pm
Nice, big browser. Thanks

Posted Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 3:08 pm
DJ azen wrote :
a 1280x800 version?.Please.

maybe can do in 1028x768

regards

DJ POTTER PRODUCTIONS

Posted Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 5:20 pm
VERY GOOD THE POSS
GREETINGS FROM ARGENTINA

Posted Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 8:40 pm
Looks nice and verry usefull!

Could you make a 1280 - 1024 please

Posted Fri 23 Apr 10 @ 6:51 am
i can't download it ><

Posted Wed 19 May 10 @ 10:11 am
You need to purchase VDJ and register your serial number to have access to skins.

Posted Wed 19 May 10 @ 10:54 am
87%