Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BCD2000 or Hercules

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bgmagicPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Everyone,

I am going to be purchasing VDJ Full in the next couple of days but I'm trying to decide on a few things. I know the XP-10's are one of the more professional ways to go but I don't have $1000 bucks to spend on these right now. I've been looking at the Hercules Console for a few days now and it seems like a good option. Only downfalls to it seem to be the faulty play button and the cramped feel. The new BCD2000 i'm looking at as well and it looks a bit better than the Hercules. I've been reading message board after message board on these units and I just have a couple questions that I would like cleared up.

1. The Hercules Console's play button seems to be a huge problem if it dosen't work on the first press. How bad is it? And how is the response time of the controls such as the jogwheels? (do the console buttons work instantly like a mouse click or a keyboard key?

2. The BCD2000 looks great and its the way I'm leaning towards as of now. Will VirtualDJ have support for this console as a device once it gets released? What I mean is the Hercules Console has a choice in the options for it, will this one.

3. I hear so many things about these consoles and I have seen TCV in action. With enough practice could you potentially get good enough with the jogwheels and such to emulate vinyl? Scratching with jogwheels seems much more sensitive since they are way smaller than records but could it be done?

4. The XP-10's are very expensive and I wish I could get them because of the great reviews. If someday I were to purchase these, what other hardware (mixer) should I get with them being that the Hercules and BCD2000 have mixing controls on them.

Sorry if this is a lot but I couldn't find anything on these?

Thank you,

Brett Kopensky

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 5:48 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I dont use the Play-Button on my HDJC at all. Just using the mouse to click play in VDJ. This is how bad my Play-Button is.

The BCD2000 looks nice but what makes me think is the price that is even below the Console. I doubt its possible to build better equipment at an even lower price.

Scratching with the jog-wheels on the HDJC is nothing more than a toy. IMO its impossible to ever get even close to the TCV demo you probably have seen.

If i had to choose i would buy 2 cd mixers like maybe DN-S 1000, which also plays MP3 (for the smaller wallet) or maybe a Pioneer CDJ800 (if you save a bit longer). The XP10's are way overpriced - in my humble opinion.

I got a Pioneer DJM-300 mixer for home use and are very happy with it. Not something you would use at a club but for home use its perfect! Quality equipment for a fair price!

I use the HDJC in combination with my external mixer and for home use its allright. Works nicely with VDJ and i can use the Console for pitch up/down and nudge. Everything else like the faders and EQ knobs, prelistening with headphones i entirely do with the external mixer.

Hope this helps a bit for your decision ...

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 6:12 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
XP10 are worth it's price. it is very proffesional controler. i own two of them. look at my blog.
about behrinher controler i'm not sure. if i am you i would wait for some tests before.

Dj Nikki

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 6:37 pm
I once saw a demo posted here in the forum. Think DJ in Norway did that. They look tiny and for this price i would expect at least a better looking material on the outside. In my opinion its a chunk of plastic.

If i order an XP10 here in Germany from the Atomic-Online-Shop one would cost me 413€ including delivery and VAT. I call this WAY overpriced !!
For instance the Denon DNS 1000 would cost me 425€ (including delivery!). A few bucks more than a XP10. For this you get a real professional CD mixer with turntable-vinyl feeling. The 'classic' CDJ 100 from Pioneer even only costs 338€ (almost 100€ less than an XP10!!!), though then you cant scratch and dont have the 'vinyl' feeling anymore.
Only if you desperately want to mix with mp3's from your HD XP10's are an option.

I would buy the XP10s instantly if they would cost half the price, but as it is i rather save my money for real pro equipment.

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 7:00 pm
XP10 are made for use with only with PCs. we are talking about two different things - cd-players and XP10.

check at www.thomann.de if you are from germany. they have XP10 at price 329€ + postage.

Dj Nikki

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 7:14 pm
Not sure if these XP10's work with VDJ actually. As i understood it the ones Atomix sells are specially optimized for VDJ. Still 300€ is too expensive for this. I rather pay an extra 100€ and get the real thing.

I have read in the forum that its possible to use VDJ with CDJ 800 and a time-coded CD. That would be interesting as an alternative once i got my cd mixers.

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 7:35 pm
i completely agree that it is interested mix with cd-players and TCCD. i have 2 cd-players of my friend at home and it works perfect.
i bought XP10 from that site and work 100%

Dj Nikki

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 8:10 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The Atomix OEM XP10 vs EKS Retail XP10 debate raged heavily a few months back, and the issue was never really resolved to my satisfaction. EKS(the manufacturer) and Atomix seem to have conflicting information about the differences between the units.

Personally, I have the EKS retail version and it works flawlessly with VDJ.

Bargler

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:47 pm
horobiPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that sounds perfect..... i just sent a question about XP-10 compatibility end they answered back saying "buy the XP-10 from our site".

sigh...

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 2:53 pm
lol sure! :D what did you expect? ;)

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 3:36 pm
ok lets stick to the topic please...is Behringer good enough for a Beginner???
please someone buy one and test them...
even im going for one if its worth it...im not in for an expensive setup as of now...just a beginner..

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 4:20 pm
The BEhringer unit is not available yet and will not be for at least another month. I'll be testing one as soon as I can get my hands on one..

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 4:23 pm
If you have hurry to buy something, buy Hercules DjConsole. It is tested and it works! Maybe it has some faultiness, but it is good choice even to work in clubs (i use it in club every saturday).

Dj Nikki

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 4:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)