Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: About to buy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BishPRO InfinityMember since 2004
HI all. Yes it's true, I am coming from the Dark side (cracked) to now use the force. Am about to buy the new version of virtual Dj and I have a couple of questions that as soon as I can get answers for I will be clicking the 'buy' button and joining the community. I have tried to do several searches first to have my questions answered but can't seem to find appropriate answer.

1) I need help if possible so that i don't lose what database and bpm info I have created so far. What should i be saving and how do I put it back together after buying and installing?? I know that it would be fair for me just to start from scratch as payment for my sins in not buying in the first place, but I have done quite a lot of beatmatching fixes and I promise to repay with regular help and general well meaned annoyances on the forums.

2) I have 2 hard drives c:120gb and z:160gb. My OS is on c: and my song files are on z: Would it be better to install the shiny new PAID FOR version of virtual dj on c or z? Is there any performance preference??? Naughty version 2.1 is currently on Z:

Am keen to here replies or at the least be sent to a particular thread where I can get info. ALso keen to join this nutturing forum community.

Thanking you for your time........

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 4:12 am
good to hear you are leaving the dark side :)

1. Database will not be lost, all your info will be intact with the legal install

2. Its better (in my experience) to have Virtual DJ on the OS drive (c:) and leave mp3s at other drive (z:)

This will free windows and Virtual DJ running on C:, while Z: is used for loading mp3s

hope to see you as a full member soon... and feel free to add more questions if you have

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 4:36 am
Thanks heaps for the quick reply, and as promised I am now an OFFICIAL user. YAY!!!

Now just to clarify, do I just install the version I just bought straight over the top of the cracked and databse will be fine???

Is that what you are saying??

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 4:57 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
e-service tell them your situation. Your full version will not work correctly until you contact them

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 5:01 am
Ok I have done that and told them my situation. I guess I sit and wait for reply. Really keen to get my teeth stuck in tho.

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 5:26 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
They'll have a reply soon. In the mean time, take this time to fill in your blog and let others know a little about you :)

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 5:49 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Welcome in the good side.

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 6:46 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
good move.

check your e-service folder on http://www.virtualdj.com/support/e-service/ everyonce in a while (that's where communication happened last time I used e-service. no email from them doesn't mean that they didn't treat your request, you have to check the online status of your request.

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:08 am
I think it's all cool. I just moved the necesarry .dll files and all my database info is there.

To any people considering goin legit I can honestly say that I wish I did ages ago. It's not too hard to keep all your info plus being able to utilise the program in it's intended way is incredible. I am soo impressed and actually feel a little sheepish that I didn't pay the low fee for such a quality product. On top of this I am very impressed by how I haven't been judged and have instead been accepted into this.....well, accepting community.

I will attempt to blog, share ideas, track details and music tastes with people, but for now I'm strapping on the wetsuit and diving into virtual dj 3.0!!!!

Thanking you all again.

BISH

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 2:21 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Right ... an amazing community ... good to see you inside.
Enjoy this incredible product and share your experience.

;)

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 7:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)