Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Flash (swf) in Virtual DJ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

wallterHome userMember since 2010
I like Flash cause it gives much more then Sonique or other visualisations. It could even help all users to create own visualisations without bothering programmers to create new plugins to explore VDJ posibilities. I know that VDJ allows playing .flv files, but the real challenge is to make VDJ support .swf files, cause it's better looking and you can allways add something more to your .fla file. I'll post here two examples:

.swf file (5 kb) some VDJ adverisement: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21850708/swfvdj.swf

.avi file (188 kb) same like this above, but in .avi format, ready to be insert in VDJ as an clipbank: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21850718/avivdj.avi

Everyone will see that playing .swf file in IE or some flas player gives better visual look. I will continue later, got something to do right now.

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 6:17 am
Little explanation: Flash animations are created in Macromedia Flash or Adobe Flash Profesional software. It creates an .fla file wich can be exported in a few other formats: .swf (visible in Flash players and browsers, small and with excellent quality), .flv (some kind of flash video format, supported in VDJ by codec), .avi, etc. Some more examples:

.swf visualisation (43 kb): http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21851534/swfvis.swf

.avi visualisation (350 kn): http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21851546/avivis.avi

Main goal: creating plugin wrapper for VDJ to display .swf visualisations in video window and responding to music. If anyone needs anything more, please say...

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 7:34 am
Hi Wallter,

We at FireText International were trying to create a plugin for that matter, unfortunately we found some issues due to flash component writing the data & images in a separate thread, thus causing VirtualDJ to crash, even helped by DJCEL we had a lot of problems doing that too, finally we found a way out of the problems, and also extend to some other features :)

You are asking for a feature we already have in our latest version, FireText VirtualDJ Output Plugin now supports avi/mpg and .swf flash to VirtualDJ screen output, you can resize and even alpha blend and also apply key color for frame transparency, just get in touch with us and we can provide a demo/trial of the application as plugin is free ;) just follow the link http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/10481/FireText_VirtualDJ_Plugin.html

BTW: million thanks to Charles!

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 7:58 am
Well, that will save me a lot of headache and give me more time to develop visualisations. Thanks...

Oops, downloaded, installed, tried... nice thing :-). Can't see where to ad an .swf file to be displayed on screen, only pictures and colours. Are you sure you added support for .swf files? It's something different from .flv.

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 9:31 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
That version isn't released to the general public yet Wallter (release imminent) but you can contact me on skype at Firetext.VDJ.Support and I will gladly let you have a look at it.

Paul.

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 10:16 am
Thanks, glad to hear that. Anyway, i'd like to add it in a more native way, so I'll keep posting if anything comes up...

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 10:33 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
okay, good luck.

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 11:21 am
wallter wrote :
Thanks, glad to hear that. Anyway, i'd like to add it in a more native way, so I'll keep posting if anything comes up...

what do you mean about "more native way"? :) let me give you something we face a while ago, when creating a plugin, you cannot control vdj nor flash player, so you'll need to find a way of store-and-forward info, from flash player to vdj OnDraw() method whenever you are called, any try to create synchronous vdj or flash player methods will fall in a crash on either ends - in case you got good info about flash internals - just a tip, hope it helps

plus wich version did you downloaded? seems not available yet due to an update we just made today on the plugin, should be approved by virtual dj staff before going public :)

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 11:30 am
Not sure I'm gonna get it ;-) Anyway, by native, I mean something like Sonique plugin that will point to .swf files and put it to video screen or changing it randomly. As simple as it could be. I really rather preffer artistic side of this flash thing, but... I'll try

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 12:00 pm
wallter wrote :
Not sure I'm gonna get it ;-) Anyway, by native, I mean something like Sonique plugin that will point to .swf files and put it to video screen or changing it randomly. As simple as it could be. I really rather preffer artistic side of this flash thing, but... I'll try

I see... well that is exactly what I'm trying to explain, any try to synchronize inside the plugin will get you with a crash - at least we did get that - because flash player do have it's own paint routines and refresh cycle and as far as we know, there is no FrameUpdated() or similar callback, thus we decided to create as part of the FireText suite because we have to cover other display output as well, so this way we have for all

Anyway I guess we have already integrated that way, just that you need to control from FireText program and not directly on the plugin gui, maybe you should give it a try to our complete suite and give us some feedback ;) remember you need to be a registered VirtualDJ user as well in order for us to send you a FireText Trial License for VirtualDJ Plugin Output

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 12:21 pm
Found an solution, something like in_swf.dll in Winamp, I'll give it a try. The main problem is responding to music, I could make it during creation of visualisation in Flash Pro...

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 1:25 pm
Winamp is dead end, what a mess. Found an info: .swf files are supported in Resolume and ArkaosVJ by freeframe plugins. Tried Resolume and swf support is excelent. And it's the only good thing, the rest is not worth to mention. Does anyone knows what freeframe plugins are used in Resolume, maybe it could be compatible for use in VDJ? C'mon people, anything?

Posted Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 4:44 pm
I'm thinking of starting an online service for VJ visualisations in Flash (.swf) where VJ's could download free flash visualisations or order their own visualisation with logo (payed, of course ;-). Could anyone try my .swf visualisations in Firetext plugin mentioned above and post a picture here, so I could see how it behaves? I'm not DJ-ing anything, so it's not important for me to buy a license. Here they are:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21851534/swfvis.swf

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21850708/swfvdj.swf

Thanks in advance...

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 5:35 am
wallter wrote :
I'm thinking of starting an online service for VJ visualisations in Flash (.swf) where VJ's could download free flash visualisations or order their own visualisation with logo (payed, of course ;-). Could anyone try my .swf visualisations in Firetext plugin mentioned above and post a picture here, so I could see how it behaves? I'm not DJ-ing anything, so it's not important for me to buy a license. Here they are:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21851534/swfvis.swf

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21850708/swfvdj.swf

Thanks in advance...

Hi Walter, you are probably sniffing our internal network :) let me tell you FireText International is already talking with a company wich have a Flash Online Automated Tool Web Site, so you're on the right track! but let me also tell you, a business starts with a prototype, you cannot shout your idea and expect future customers ;) the hard part is making everything to work... plus if your idea is good, I'm sure Virtual DJ/Atomix or even FireText International will have a time to talk with you...

Regarding your command to others, let me tell you I'm not happy at all, you know... a rule is a rule, we do not provide plugin to unregistered vdj copies and we encourage all our potential customers to buy from virtual dj if they are not registered users and they want to try the plugin, as I'm seeing you are not a vdj user and seems you are not a FireText one either, so I'm sorry but you looks like a one guy trying to build something and from my point of view, the best approach will be getting in touch with vdj teammers, not go into public forums... but maybe I'm wrong...

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 10:24 am
Hey, I'm only tryin' to help these guys to get something what is for a long time available to users of some other VJ softwares (swf), i was ready to do some researches and lost a lot of time. Tried to tell them about possibillities of VDJ supporting other visuals, but they are only shouting about credits and problems with this, that, bla bla... And I already have it working even in a demo version of VDJ, they didn't looked at it! Firetext, you're very polite man, but how can I buy your software without any proof of that thing I'm asking? Only one simple picture will be enough, but I can't find it even on your official site...

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 11:29 am
wallter wrote :
Hey, I'm only tryin' to help these guys to get something what is for a long time available to users of some other VJ softwares (swf), i was ready to do some researches and lost a lot of time. Tried to tell them about possibillities of VDJ supporting other visuals, but they are only shouting about credits and problems with this, that, bla bla... And I already have it working even in a demo version of VDJ, they didn't looked at it! Firetext, you're very polite man, but how can I buy your software without any proof of that thing I'm asking? Only one simple picture will be enough, but I can't find it even on your official site...

I cannot tell you anything about Virtual DJ or Atomix hehe :) regarding FireText you can buy form us for sure, and have a demo as well; but not for VirtualDJ plugin unless you prove you're a registered user and have a valid VDJ license, just because we at FireText International respect other's company policy, and here at VDJ/Atomix you cannot download plugins without a legal copy of the software...

You can always keep in touch with me on private, and I will be glad to explain our policies (FireText International) for other policies you need to get in touch with the right company.

By the way thanks for your compliments, appreciated.

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 11:42 am
@Walter, i've read this whole post and it seems like your getting stone walled, hmmm, not cool if all your trying to do is help. Anyway what do I have to do to try out your stuff? I dont have Firetext cause I couldnt get it working and havent had time to get on Skype yet so is their another way to use them?

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 11:49 am
Here's the pic : http://www.freepicsupload.com/pics/phpuULdCJ-iwall.jpg

Showing IWall supports my swf visualisation in it's own video screen. But...! As you can see on the VDJ video screen... nothing, but a scrolling text. Yes, there could be a Sonique vis, some photo, video... but not Flash, it's only on IWall's screen. And they claim that Flash is supported in VDJ. Got my point? Guys, is there any way to get any other title except 'Not registered user', maybe Quest or something. Makes me feel like funny smelling in crowd, ;-))

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 12:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The only way to change from appearing as an unlicensed user is to buy a copy of VirtualDJ or Numark Cue and then register it on this site.

FLV is support in VDJ natively.

SWF is not. As I said previously, I have written a plugin that successfully renders SWF in VDJs video output. I have a whole ton of plugins that I've written that haven't yet been released. I'm working through finishing and releasing them all, but time is limited.

Firetext also appear to have implemented SWF support although I still haven't had a chance to actually test their plugin at all as yet! Still on my to-do list though; props to them for stepping up and helping out the VDJ community.

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 12:50 pm
Thanks, SBDJ. Hope you'll get it done. Found myself going nowhere on this forum, thanks to some people willing to communicate. Some dude sent me XNTH demo, for a moment I thought I've seen God himself. Cannot explain... wow is the main word. Bye to all...

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 2:20 pm
63%