Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: prob with id3 option

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

everytime i have the id3 tag option activatet and i try to scan a folder i got a total crash!!!!!
means i have to reset my pc!!!!no taskmanager is working anymore!!
Why that????????????????

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 6:32 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
please write computer configs into your blog. Like that we can help you better and faster

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 7:45 pm
win xp amd 3000 via chip vdj 3.0

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 8:27 pm
what to you mean with "My Plugins"

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 8:30 pm
Sorry it was an error. I was thinking about a plugin in my mind lol

I wanted to say your personal blog

How many files in your folder?

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:13 pm
about 70. or more

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:57 pm
no problem if tag optons are disactivatet.but the moment i activate (read id3 tag)and start scanning files or srolling the filelist a have this heavy crash!!!!!!ONLY RESET HELPS!!!!!

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:59 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Maybe its a bad file that craches vdj, a file with missing header or errors in tags.
Try to scan not all files at the same time, the first 10, then the next 10, until you find something wrong.

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 3:00 am
lets see :-)

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 7:58 pm
hi discotronics

sorry to interrupt but maybe i can help you because it happen to me also what i did is, i reduce the numbers of files (songs) in my folder then it make fast for vdj to read waht ever inside the folder...actually i also notice these problems from other software when i try to open one of my folders which is having a lot of files it tkaes time to open so try this advice maybe it helps you.....sorry for my english......

ciao
esa

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 8:50 am
That's it when VDJ opens a folder it reads the id3tag (if activated) + {author + titles + comment + bpm + song_length + automix} in the VDJ database (always) of all the files inside. So more you have files, more it takes time to open the folder

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 5:54 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
like apopsis said.. check for "bad" songs. if your song has too long name it is possible VDJ crash too.

Dj Nikki

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 6:16 pm
yes i realised!I checked all my files with a tag-editor and now it works!!!!and i use the tag-read option only if i import new files and switch it of afterwards-no more problem.

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 6:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)