Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Oh No!!! Just Upgraded to 3.0 and .... - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

They fixed the Video but now you can,t disable the Video and cannot switch between players ,So you cannot play a karoke song after you play a video.You have to add a song to the player with the video to get the screen to disapear.They created more problems than they solved.You have to be able to switch between players so you can load both players with a video. Without the switch the function it isn't worth a dime.You had it with the last update but its gone in this one. I am talking about the A and B switch between players so you can switch between Videos.That way I can go from a video to a karoke song without having to remove the video from the player first.

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 2:57 pm
you can ;)

Just try it a little more, and you will see :)

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 3:13 pm
I does not work when you are using the second monitor out feature only if you use the window feature. Try loading a video in one player then a karoke mp3 in the other .Then try to play the Karoke Mp3 and send it to your second monitor. I have a 12 inch lcd monitor for this purpose and it won't work .The Video still shows over the karoke song.

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 3:28 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
that's what the video crossfader is for.

(in case you haven't noticed, there is a new tab next to "remix", "cues" and "eq", called "video")

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 3:39 pm
And you can link the video crossfader to the regular crossfader, so that the video crossfader will follow your regular crossfader... In VDJ video settings

voila ;) it works ... ;) test and see...

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 3:41 pm

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 4:28 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Dev Team and dj-in-norway -
With the video output control as part of the preview window, it made it nice for the external mixer users. External Mixer users usually don't use the crossfader in the skin, now with the link-crossfader option we will always need to crossfade our VDJ decks inorder to swap the video feeds. This currently only holds true for users that don't use the Default VDJ skin which has a crossfader in the "Video" panel like you mentioned. Now once, people add the video panel or video support to their skins then everyone is going to be bound to the default skin for crossfading their videos, this is not good.

Please, put the controls back on the pop-up preview window.

cstoll

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 4:34 pm
You can make keyboard shortcuts for video crossfade also...

So that you can crossfade video in other skins, when using external mixer

And the video crossfader dont have to be linked to regular crossfader!
When video crossfader is NOT linked, you can crossfade video with the small video crossfader at the default skin (video pannel in skin)

Of course, this separate video crossfader will be implemented in most new skins, and skin updates... that will come soon :)

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 4:39 pm
dj-in-norway,

I agree with what you are saying. It's just that they [Dev team] teased us with some great features then ripped them away. I am greatful that they have advanced the performance of the video playback; however, in whomevers infinite wisdom it was to change the tools provided by 2.1 into what we have for 3.0, should have really thought harder.

Anyhow, will be trying the video play back tonight [purely testing] on my Sony VAIO 2.6Ghz, 512RAM with 64Mb Dedicated Video RAM - Laptop!! Hopefully will be better then when I tried it will 2.1!!

Thanks Dev Team, [for now?]

cstoll

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 5:47 pm
;)

The video crossfader is still there.... in skin

Look here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=12667

The small video crossfader will also be found in many new skins, and updates of older skins :)

its better that it is in the skin, because this will alow you do close the 2nd preview window, for smoother playback

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 5:55 pm
Right, but that's the default skin.

And, you know how long it takes people to up-date their skins, shoot less than 10% have updated to 2.06 feature, even less with 2.1 and now 3.0? I know some are faster than others? Especially me, I need to update the one I have done.

I will leave it at that, and for know I will need to use shortcuts on keybrd, until I get my skin fixed.

thanks,
cstoll

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 6:00 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
Updating the skins with video features might take some time I agree, but in the end it will result in a much better behavior, as skins will be able to display both the A and B preview windows on the decks for example, and the mixed preview in the center, etc...

And we try to build the software on the long term ;)

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 6:36 pm
thanks, understand... so when do we get the updated xml guide for modifying the skins properly?

Just being pushy, please laugh??

Again, thanks for all of what all of you are doing, this is the best software out there!!! Excellent job!

cstoll

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 7:27 pm
hehe ;)

I need the new Skin SDK as well.... :) Thought I FINALLY would finish the D**M Hercules skin, that I havend worked on for months ;)

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 7:33 pm
dj-in-norway,

Like to see how you integrate the video windows into that skin? Next thing you know they all will be screaming for little LCDs for the Herc Console so the skin matches the controller.

lol...
cstoll

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:13 pm
The crossfader idea will not work for me since I use an external mixer and I dont use the cross fader to fade my music. So it won't work for me . How about fixing the problem so we can use it properly.

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 3:35 am
Now I found it in the default skin. I don't use the default skin but to make it work I will now.

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 3:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)