Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 2nd computer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Trying to get VDJ on my new desktop. I have it on my laptop, saved the file to external hard drive and tried to load it on new computer. All that comes up is installation error. Any ideas?

Posted Sat 21 May 05 @ 6:37 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
ask the team to reset your account with the full install e-service

Posted Sat 21 May 05 @ 6:50 am
Ok now for a few questions:

1st you "saved it" what is "it" to the hard drive. If the answer is the file you used to install VDJ my next question is "was this the file you downloaded for a trial or demo and then converted to the full software version or did you download the full install file and copy that file to your hard drive?

Did you download the file directly to the external harddrive or did you copy it from laptop harddrive after downloading to your laptop?

Here is what I did. I downloaded the file to my laptop harddrive and backed this up to a cd then I installed VDJ with the file that I had downloaded onto my laptop. Then I took the cd that I had copied the file from my laptop and copied the file to my desktop hard drive and installed it there. Mine works fine.

This was a question that I had before I purchased the program because I wanted to work with it on my laptop and on my desktop.

Other than that tell me what is the error msg you get?

Oldie but Goodie

djkaraok

Posted Sat 21 May 05 @ 9:02 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had this exact same problem...and after a few day's checking it out with the guys on this forum (quality folks by the way...:o) and e-service, i found that you need to be connected to the net on the 2nd pc to install vdj...i had to swap my network cards round from pc to pc2, but in the end it's defenitely worth it...;o)

my thread http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=11616 can help with this problem if you fancy a read.

once again...here's to all the virtual dj'ers...and there's a few!

cheers

Pionara

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 1:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)