Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark USB and Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJGwizHome userMember since 2005
Hi All,

Posted this in General Forum. Probably should've posted here.

First time poster. I've been lurking about the site lately. I think I like what I've been reading about this Virtual DJ Program. Most noteable are the " the graphical beat syncs", "Custom Skins" & The Different File Searching Capabilities (Record Case). Note: I've Been Using PCDJ for the past couple years.

I was wondering if anyone had the chance to use the Numark CM200USB with the Virtual DJ Program? Will they work together?

Also could someone please send or point me to a place where I can View close up screens shots for Virtual DJ (Hopefully some with the "Record Case" open)??

I tried searching the Forum for the info, but didn't see any mention of the Numark Usb Mixers.

I'll probably download the trial version here soon. But this info would be great before I do.

Thanks,
Gwiz

Posted Sat 21 May 05 @ 2:43 am
Hi Gwiz,

You made me curious about those USB-mixers. I searched the Numarksite to have a look at the CM200USB. Numark claims that Windows will see the seperate mixer-channels as seperate usb-audio-cards and you don't need any driver.

I have been using Virtualdj for more than a year now. I have been using lots of differend soundcards (soundblaster, maya 44usb, Maya 5.1, hercules dj-console, Delta 610) even the cheapest crappiest soundcards DOES work perfectly together with VirtualDJ.

I'm sure that the CM200USB will work with VDJ, but i can't confirm that. you don't have to worry.

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 2:50 pm
Hi Cannonball,

Folks aren't to friendly round these parts. You were the first to respond from 2 different threads. One would think that with a potiential customer lurking about, that a moderator or someone from VDJ would chime in. I was starting to look else where.

Anyway, I guess when my mixer get's here (this week) I'll download the program for a look see.

Thanks,
Gwiz

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 12:28 am
It's a good thing that you are telling that you are downloading the trialversion. Because in the trialversion, you can only use 1 sound-device. In order to use more than 1 sound-device, you'll need the registered version.

I'm telling you this to prevent a dissapointment. I can inmagine that when you get your new usb-mixer you want to test it with VDJ. It will work with the trial version, but only 1 of the 2 usb-connections of your mixer because of the trial-limitations keep that in mind ;)

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 11:15 am
hmmm perhaps trial could be changed to be unusable in other way but let the sound config work like in full (as I noticed it other thread)

many users get confused even that it is written in the demo :-(

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 12:45 pm
TRAK7PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, if it helps I have the 10" dxm-01usb and the 19" versions of the numark usb mixers and both work with virtual, and i have found that unlike using usb or internal soundcards on laptops they both get rid of the annoying background hum you sometimes get. Hope this has been of some help.

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 10:22 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
lopez453, if the team was to change the way the demo is, and let all the sound configs possible, the cracked versions would be complete and with no bugs.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 12:07 am
i thought something of sound test possibility, perhaps to only play TEST DECK 1 in other configurations,
so the users will be able to test that vdj can use their sondcard ...
onnly assignable normal sound should be MASTER mix to any channel

or something like that

And i think bugs are because of trying to bypass the licencing routines not audio engine ...
because cracks are often based on full versions ;-(
fortunately they are too buggy,
unfortunatelly many "crack" users decide that VDJ is crap because it crashes, and don't realize and even think that it is because of their version

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 12:36 am
UPDATE:

I got my mixer in and went thru the Demo of VDJ, only to find as someone had mentioned "one soundcard" feature working. I've also tried it with an older version of "RED" but can't figure out how to get the dual sound cards working there either. I just get a faint signal on on the other soundcard.

As far as VDJ program goes. I found that I like it very much indeed. It was everything that my older "Red" wasn't and a bag of chips. Runs smoothlly, Cool interface (W/ Great Windows Based Record Case) and is Skinable to boot. I will mostlikely purchase it here in a few.

Thanks to all Whom responed to the tread you've been a big help.

Gwiz

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 9:19 am
I have orderd for a NumarkDXM01 USB mixer...i live in India, and the ac voltage here is 240v, can anyone(who has a Numark mixer) tell me if it has variable voltage fuse so that i dont have to purchase an extra step-down voltage transformer???
In short, does it support 240v too or is it only 120v?? (look on the powersupply adapter for this info)
Thanks!
Cheers
Adi

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 10:47 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Some mixers have switch at back side 110V - 240V.

Dj Nikki

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 2:42 pm
Yeah, I have a dual votage switch on the back of mine.

Hope that helps,
Wiz

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 9:05 pm
Ok..hope mine will have too..
thanks

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 12:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)