Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphones with laptop with 2 stereo plugs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am using full version of VDJ with my new laptop for gigs, and on the laptop there are 2 stereo headphone jacks for hookup. I use 1 jack to go to my mixer with RCA's. When I plug the headphones into the remaining jack, and choose which deck to play in the upper corner, both deck outputs come through the main output. I chose a different sound card config so that the stereo output goes to speakers but I lose the headphone feature. What are my options here instead of buying a seperate sound card since mine already has 2 stereo plugs? Thanks

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 5:13 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Are you sure you have 2 outputs or one headphone out and mic input?

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 8:26 pm
Yep, HP 1150 multimedia laptop with 2 stereo headphone jacks so two people can watch a DVD or whatever they wish to do. There is a seperate mic jack. I was thinking.... can I configure the soundcard to 4.1? right now it is set at desktop speakers.... but if I go to the properties page it gives me multiple ways to select which setup I want. Would that do the trick? Since both jacks are wired one in the same to the soundcard, how do I get each jack to work differently?

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 10:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)