Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: need solution for fine pitch adjustments

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For very fine adjustments, I have coded two buttons on my Hercules RMX using the following syntax, or something close to it... (deck default pitch +0.01%) and (deck defualt pitch -0.01%). The "deck default" part of the syntax allows me to only adjust the deck that is cue'd in the phones and not the one playing to the crowd. I created this mapping to address an issue where two tracks are "auto synced" using the sync button, but I still notice a very slight variation where tracks are not exactly aligned/beat matched and the BPM readout may show, for example, 126.45 on one deck and 126.46 on the other. I need to get them both at 126.45 in order to create a "flawless mix".

You'd think that the .01 BPM variation would be unnoticable, but it is very noticable... to me anyway. Especially when I am expecting perfection. Some tracks will beat match with the auto sync exactly while other tracks fall into the example just described. The mapping described above will still only allow me to pitch adjust a track by only .02 or .03 BPMs at a time. Frustrating!! I need to adjust it just by exactly .01 BPM in order to fine tune the two tracks to be on the same exact pace.

Is there an advanced mapping syntax that will allow me to adjust by .01 BPMs? I understand that the pitch adjusting can only be referred to in % and have tried even using 0.008% but still get the same results. Any suggestions? Try smaller % yet still? I'll give that a shot in the mean time... Maybe I need to use a different command? Like one that will calculate the necessary pitch adjustment % to increase or decrease the BPMs by only .01? I'm dreaming now...

:-)

Can anyone relate or help solve this problem? Or even point me in a completely different direction if necessary?
Thanks all!!
Aaron, dj aaron thomas

Posted Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 7:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)