Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: USB Random Dropout

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey all, I've been having a bit of an issue with my Virtual Vinyl box now every once in a while. Sometimes after playing for a few hours it just randomly disconnects from windows, and this in turn stops the music all together. When it reconnects to windows it pops back up saying USB device not recgonized. Then I end up having to switching to my "lifeline" (1/8"-RCA) and run out of my line out on my laptop. I can keep the night going but it's such an inconvience because you lose the crowd when it stops plus I lose my TC capability.

I have checked my power settings for the USB ports and devices and it's set to always be on and not allow windows to turn them off. Just curious if anyone else has similar issues, knows a fix or if maybe my box is having issues.

Thanks.

Posted Sun 07 Mar 10 @ 12:44 pm
Hey man, had this problem with my M-Audio Conectiv... not sure what exactly fixed it but i tried a couple things....

First i bought an adaptor to keep the Conectiv powered... not sure if VV has this option

Secondly, I changed a few settings..... Device manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers > right clicking on all "USB Host" > properties > power management > uncheck "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

Hope this helps

Marze

Posted Sun 07 Mar 10 @ 11:30 pm
Hey thanks for the reply, yeah I've done that. I have a power adaptor for my vinyl box and I've changed my power settings over. I'm running windows 7 so the options are a bit different but I made sure USB never goes off. I'm starting to think it's my box.

Posted Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 12:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)