Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Database search

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everyone. I had a question or two that someone might be able to answer.

First does anyone know if you can search by artist only? The search function of the software leaves a lot to desire but no one has replied to my questions. Last night I was looking for a song by a specific artist and I typed it in and found no results but when I typed in the song title I found the song.

Also I really need to figure out how to use the headphones with VDJ. I tried to plug them into the laptop but did not get anything but the song that was playing. I even right mouse clicked and selected "listen" and saw it playing but nothing came out in headphones. Also I have tried to plug it in to the Maya44 and all I get is the current song that is playing and I need to be able to listen to my next cued song.

One more thing please. Is there a way to bring a song that is either put on the turntable to play next or one that has been auto loaded with automix play list back to the play list window? Once the song is loaded it can be replaced but you should be able to grab one that is scheduled to play next and drag it off the turntable and put another in its place. I am aware that you can replace one that is cued next but the one that was cued to play just goes away and I might have wanted to play that one next so I have to search again and put it in the play list window.

Ok enough for now.

Oldie but Goodie

Djkaraok

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 2:19 am
RE: Search function - I Personally love VDJ's Search Function and think its one of the best around.
sure you may get more results than a Artist only search.....just click on artist tab which will A to Z
the artist list making it easy to find needed artist

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 5:24 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
MAYBE: if you have id tags enabled, it is searching through the tags. (this could cause a problem if all of your files idtags aren't perfect.) If you have your tags disabled then it will be searching only the actual file names. If you have your files properly named then disable the tags.

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 5:25 pm
Thanks DJRick

I will try that approach. I am a new user and am learning each day. I probably need some kind of software to make sure my id tags are correct. Also I thought I could rip my cd's with VDJ. Is this incorrect? If not then how?

Thanks

Oldie but Goodie
djkaraok

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 5:49 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VDJ can rip a cd in a pinch! However, you are better off using a software that is made specifically for ripping CD's such as audio grabber or one of many others out there.

Retagging a big library of files can be a bit exhaustive. There are several softwares out there for that too.

Experiment with the naming string in your cd ripping software to be sure you get them named exactly as you want them.

And of course... welcome aboard!

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 6:33 pm
Can anyone recommend a good ripping software that will make id tags a lot faster than manually doing each one?

I have not done much with ripping cd's or id tags so this is all new to me. The program Autograbber I have heard of. Is there any better or is that one the best for ripping? How good a job does it do with the Id tags?

By the way no one has answered me as to why I cannot get my headphones working so I can listen to part of a song to see if I want to play it next while one song is being broadcast to the crowd. I am using my laptop with the VDJ and Maya44 I thought that I could have this headphone feature. The headphone of the Maya44 played in the headphones the song that the crowd was listening to. It seems like my headphone in jack on my laptop is disabled while running VDJ with the Maya44 but not sure. Would this happen? Any help would be great.

Thanks for your help

Oldie but Goodie
djkaraok

Posted Sat 21 May 05 @ 8:27 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 22 May 05 @ 12:45 am
i think db poweramp is the best and fast!!!!!

Posted Sun 22 May 05 @ 4:54 pm
Mp3 Tag Studio I think is one of the best for cleaning up and creating tags. Check that one out. Its also free but better than many you have to pay for.

Killabee44

Posted Sun 22 May 05 @ 7:33 pm
Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I will try each one out and see which works the best for me. By the way I found a great program that does renaming and takes the _ or anything else out of a file name. It will even change the case to all upper or all lower or first letter upper rest lower etc. It is probably the best that I have ever used and I have been doing this for 20 years.

Oldie but Goodie

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 11:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)